PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
Would it be possible to compare this with another consumer product that has had this much mold from one company??
Wonder bread vs local bakery bread.
I love my local bread, there is no comparison to Wonder bread.
Maybe my bread gets moldy quicker, but it is so much better so I accept the risk.

For the record I’ve opened roughly 80 to 100 tins of C&D and had zero mold.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Would it be possible to compare this with another consumer product that has had this much mold from one company??

Cigars.
Otherwise, I don’t think there’s a comparison to be made. Sort of like comparing baked beans and lawnmowers.

EDIT: I like the bread comparison. It was too obvious for my addled brain.

I dont unserstand the defense of something that can be a serious health concern. What am I missing here?

While you may be right, I don’t think that anyone knows what kind of mold this is, and whether of not it poses a health risk. I certainly haven’t heard about anyone being harmed by mold growing on tobacco. Not a pretty sight, but is it harmful?

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Wonder bread vs local bakery bread.
I love my local bread, there is no comparison to Wonder bread.
Maybe my bread gets moldy quicker, but it is so much better so I accept the risk.

For the record I’ve opened roughly 80 to 100 tins of C&D and had zero mold.
Thank you. No snarky comments, answered my question. Mucho blessings on 80-100 more.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Cigars.
Otherwise, I don’t think there’s a comparison to be made. Sort of like comparing baked beans and lawnmowers.

EDIT: I like the bread comparison. It was too obvious for my addled brain.

While you may be right, I don’t think that anyone knows what kind of mold this is, and whether of not it poses a health risk. I certainly haven’t heard about anyone being harmed by mold growing on tobacco. Not a pretty sight, but is it harmful?
I really have no idea what the health numbers are or what the mold is. Thanks for the discussion on thie topic. I have grabbed a srick or two in my day that didnt see a ligjlhter.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA

I dont unserstand the defense of something that can be a serious health concern. What am I missing here?
People on an Internet forum blathering about mold in their tobacco does not equal a serious health concern.

Certain people like to talk smart about everything from hemorrhoids to hurricanes. If there was such an issue with mold coming out of one producer, you’d be reading about it elsewhere.

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Y’all complainin an debatin mold when ya should look a gift horse in mouth. Ya got mold in a tin? Damn that’s awesome, penicillin is an amazing medicine that’ll save ya a trip to them “doctuurs”

Reactions: beefeater33

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Definitely keep this thread going. That way, the title stays visible and it doesn't matter if you're a C&D fan or a critic. What stays up on the marquee, and keeps sending the message is the title.

C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold

Which is going to have more impact than anything else connected with this thread.

I know, right. Doesn't matter that other brands sometimes get mold also, and we have gotten posts with pictures of other brand's having mold, C&D seems to get the shit treatment by some on here. C&D ends up making the circles of the forum as people keep posting to this thread.

Mods, is there anything else that can be said that warrants leaving this up?

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
My one serious thought on this matter is if there is a forum rule to contact a manufacturer prior to posting a complaint, it should be followed. I’ve never personally been affected by mold problems with pipe tobacco from any manufacturer, much less C&D, but I’ve heard C&D has a good response to concerns.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Definitely keep this thread going. That way, the title stays visible and it doesn't matter if you're a C&D fan or a critic. What stays up on the marquee, and keeps sending the message is the title.

C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold
C & D Mold

Which is going to have more impact than anything else connected with this thread.
Subject/title composition throughout the forum leaves much to be desired.

Reactions: peteguy
Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
My one serious thought on this matter is if there is a forum rule to contact a manufacturer prior to posting a complaint, it should be followed. I’ve never personally been affected by mold problems with pipe tobacco from any manufacturer, much less C&D, but I’ve heard C&D has a good response to concerns.

12. Complaints About a Service / Product / Maker / Brand

Publicly posting a complaint about any service, product, maker, or brand is only allowed AFTER you have contacted them directly with the issue, and given them 36 hours to respond, and another 24 hours to resolve the issue.

We DO NOT ALLOW posts like this:

"I am unhappy with this pipe I just bought because of....... How in the heck could they even sell this thing... blah blah blah. Should I call them and complain? Should I return it?"

Yes. You should contact them before making a post about it, and you should only post about it if it is unresolved.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I know, right. Doesn't matter that other brands sometimes get mold also, and we have gotten posts with pictures of other brand's having mold, C&D seems to get the shit treatment by some on here. C&D ends up making the circles of the forum as people keep posting to this thread.

Mods, is there anything else that can be said that warrants leaving this up?
IMG_1385.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.