Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
As I'm not allowed near sharp objects, I use a Norelco electric. Not as close as a wet shave for sure, but not quite as irritating on my delicate, yet manly, face.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
When I was still on the road, I used a rechargable shaver and only wet shaved when I came home for 4 or 5 days (I stayed out for a month). Once I pulled the plug, I went back to wet shaving exclusively. I used to use Herself's Oil of Olay bath soap on those forays home. After a year and a half, I tried it again yesterday. I got a richer lather in about half the time it takes with my Conk's and the shea butter made my face very slick. I think I'll melt down a bar of it into my mug when the Conk's runs out.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I use a brush, razor, stand and mug by Edwin Jagger.

The soap is usually Williams.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Lucky for me, I'm one of those guys that never has to shave, maybe once or twice a week. Perhaps one day when I can grow adequate facial hair for a mustache - that's right, not even enough for a beard - then I'll try out some old school methods. For now it's just menthol shaving cream and my Mach 3.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
I use a 1920 Gillette safety razor and a can of Barbasol. Have been considering the "mug & Brush " thing lately....

superdan

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
i had a full beard for over a year but got rid of it a few days ago to satiate my parents, but now that it's gone i've been really interested in learning to shave with a straight razor

cobsandclays

Lurker
Mar 2, 2010
@Superdan- I recommend buying a brush and soap to learn how to make a good lather (hint- don't wash the brush between shaves, the soap stays in the bristles). Your face isn't used to being abraded, so the Bic Sensitive single blade razors are probably where you want to start. From there you can decide whether you want to try straight shaving or a double razor. The folks at the Badger and Blade forums are super helpful and have a section just for beginners (I included a link in an aerlier post).

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Hey cobsandclays, are there any pipe smokers over there at the Badger and Blade forums that you can point this way? Maybe put a link to this thread?
At some point in the past I was looking at the site stats here and thought I saw a shaving forum linking to us, but I could be mistaken.
I may have been searching for something on pipes and found them instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.