California Customers at P&C...It Has Begun.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

I just got an email from Pipes and Cigars stating that they now require California residents to sign to receive packages containing tobacco. The receiver must be over 21. Not really a problem at my age- but it is an extra trip to the Post Office for me. The email stated that CA law had changed.Also P&C now requires CA customers to upload an image of a official Govt. Id card to their site.

TBH, this could be an impediment to further purchases. Just an extra hassle. On the plus side- I like their wide selection of bulk and fair pricing. I get that it's not their fault- just a california thing.

Did anyone else get this email?
Will other verdors also require an ID on file?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just got a letter from Cali and it said, Dear Harris, since we know what a good dude you are, don't worry about signatures, state taxes, anything that would inconvenience you. We appreciate that you came to visit SF back in 1999 and will forever remember that long weekend.

Best regards,
The state of free will and peoples rights.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Coming to a state near you. California is only the breeding ground for this garbage.

I placed an order with P&C recently and was pleasantly surprised to see that the great state of Maryland now not only charged me sales tax but an additional excise tax on my purchase. This pretty much negated the percent-off deal I was utilizing. It will only continue to get worse.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
I just got a letter from Cali and it said, Dear Harris, since we know what a good dude you are, don't worry about signatures, state taxes, anything that would inconvenience you. We appreciate that you came to visit SF back in 1999 and will forever remember that long weekend.

Best regards,
The state of free will and peoples rights.
Things in SF have really gone downhill since '99, Harris.

Reactions: Piper09 and BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Partly for the hassle and partly for the security and privacy aspects, this would certainly send me looking for other ways to procure my tobacco. I'll try to put up with some crap to support my retailers, but then eventually I won't if I can find another way. Sending out copies of an i.d. doesn't sound like a good idea, for starters. The drug cartels would have those the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.