PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Seems like every second page I click on at smokingpipes.com has me picking through 10 to 15 pictures of dolphins and pandas, even when I'm logged in. Anyone else experiencing this? Annoying as hell. I sent them an email.

Now a quote from the late great @cigrmaster:

I just ran into it the other day and had no clue what it was so I just dropped the site and looked elsewhere where that shit was not an issue. If anyone is thinking of using it for their business, take the word of 64 year old man who will never use your site again and he will tell all his other buddies once they have had their Geritol to stay away as well.
People don't seem to realize that it is guys like me who spend way more than any demographic and if you piss us off, we will find other places. I would order a cigar catalogue from SP before I ever used their site if they had that shit on it.
Is this Karma because Harris passed away recently or what??

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Completely serious, now.

Could your being in Canada have something to do with it?

Lots of Karening underway regarding all sorts of things, and tobacco could be one of them.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Highly doubtful. I've been using the same computer, same browser for years. Updated my operating system a few months ago. This just started happening tonight and only on SP. Something's up there.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
No need to air my grievances any further or cast shade on a beloved sponsor here. I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same issue.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Highly doubtful. I've been using the same computer, same browser for years. Updated my operating system a few months ago. This just started happening tonight and only on SP. Something's up there.
I haven't seen one since I first signed up. There's another Canadian guy I saw looking for cigars shipped to him in the unanswered threads a few minutes ago. Maybe ask him and see if he has the same issue.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Your behavior can trigger those. Like posting too much to fast can trigger it thinking you are a bot. There is a cool down here, but if you're posting so fast a few seconds after every cool down that might be triggering it.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Your behavior can trigger those. Like posting too much to fast can trigger it thinking you are a bot. There is a cool down here, but if you're posting so fast a few seconds after every cool down that might be triggering it.
Just browsing as I always do. Then I get redirected, and as soon as I fill out the Captcha and get through, the next thing I click on redirects me all over again. Pretty irritating.