PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
Welcome to the site.
I have one which I bought with the pipe+tobacco deal off this site. It's the only pipe I've ever had develop a hotspot and try to burn out on me. It was really badly drilled to boot. I already felt like I was taking advantage of their goodwill with the deal and the tobacco wasn't bad so I didn't try to send it back on warranty. Others have had some pretty good luck from what I've read.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I have several Carey pipes. I bought them initially because someone I remember fondly From my college days (30 years ago) smoked them. I like smoking them. Because of the "magic inch system", they can be somewhat tricky to pack. They have to be packed somewhat more loosely than other pipes. If not, the draw will be tight and too much air will enter through the vent. They don't get much love on the forum. I think they are a reasonable value for the price. If you learn how to smoke them they smoke fine. I will also say that for a few dollars more you can get something like a Savinelli Duca Carlo. It will be a better pipe. I smoke my Carey's with aros and OTCs.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
welcome to the forum. I have two that I got on the special they ran for forum members a while back, their not part of my regular rotation but sometimes when I have one of those tobaccos that a family member thoughtfully gifts me because it sounds tasty(read sickenenly sweet aros) the magic inch pipes are the perfect thing. They cut down on the over sweetness of some casings and make the choco/nilla/berry/honey flavors come through a little more. You do have to pack them significantly looser than other pipes. Also the air flow does serve to slow your smoke down a little. All in all their not bad for tobaccos I really don't want ghosting my other pipes. But, if it weren't for syrupy aros biting without some sort of system like this, I'd say the same thing for cobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.