PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old Smokey

Can't Leave
Feb 29, 2024
The Hollers of Kentucky in Appalachia
Yesterday my daughters screamed and I went running outside. Their rabbit had disappeared. Using my deductive skills I determined that they left the front latch unlocked. They were devastated. They said they locked it the day before when they fed her.

My deductive reasoning concluded that the latch had not been locked. Today, while feeding the other animals, I spied a little white and black rabbit hopping around my shed.

I approached the renegade rabbit and managed to coax her out of an empty tube. I grabbed her by her scruff and placed her back into her hutch. My girls were ecstatic! Dad saved the day. So ends the case of the missing bunny.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Yesterday my daughters screamed and I went running outside. Their rabbit had disappeared. Using my deductive skills I determined that they left the front latch unlocked. They were devastated. They said they locked it the day before when they fed her.

My deductive reasoning concluded that the latch had not been locked. Today, while feeding the other animals, I spied a little white and black rabbit hopping around my shed.

I approached the renegade rabbit and managed to coax her out of an empty tube. I grabbed her by her scruff and placed her back into her hutch. My girls were ecstatic! Dad saved the day. So ends the case of the missing bunny.
Can't wait for the movie !! A Hallmark Special !

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
What's the maintenance like for an indoor rabbit?
For us, it used the litter box. On the lines of a cat, but not an evil asshole. He’d disappear for a while under the bed or coffee table, then he’d be out running circles around us or sleeping on our lap. As long as he had food and water, could leave him for the weekend without worry.

Whether ours was the norm or not, I don’t know but our experience was great and easy. His hips started to give out the last 2 years or so and it was tough but the first 10 years, we’d even put a harness on him and take him outside.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
You're telling me. We have six owls on our property alone and coyotes are active because of birthing season. I was prepared to shell out $50 for a replacement. It's a Dutch rabbit so they are a little expensive.
We occasionally have feral rabbits grazing in our backyard.
We also have hawks that like to sit atop the old wooden playset looking for the feral rabbits and birds when they are hungry.

Reactions: Old Smokey