PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
On his excellent YouTube channel Mike Glukler of Briar Blues showed a recently published book about Castello pipes. I don't see it advertised on the Castello website. Does anyone know where you can buy a copy?

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
Smoking Pipes sells the book and I know Luca at Corti in Italy also sells it. I enjoyed reading it because I admire Castello pipes. I found two aspects of this book most illuminating. First, the autobiographical insight Kino provides stands out for me. Second, for me, is the historical development and the occasional highlights he's enjoyed in his specialty/niche business. I wish more had been included on some of the long term employees of the factory that Kino appreciates, but I realize that's not the subject of this book. However, recognizing that Kino is an enormous influencer of the brand, I wonder how much of his success is due to a few key employees/craftspeople who worked their for decades.

Reactions: dunnyboy

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Smoking Pipes sells the book and I know Luca at Corti in Italy also sells it. I enjoyed reading it because I admire Castello pipes. I found two aspects of this book most illuminating. First, the autobiographical insight Kino provides stands out for me. Second, for me, is the historical development and the occasional highlights he's enjoyed in his specialty/niche business. I wish more had been included on some of the long term employees of the factory that Kino appreciates, but I realize that's not the subject of this book. However, recognizing that Kino is an enormous influencer of the brand, I wonder how much of his success is due to a few key employees/craftspeople who worked their for decades.
Thanks. Very helpful information. Are there a lot of pretty pipe pictures or are they mostly of people or stock photos that are already available online?

Reactions: MRW