Cellar Labels (community labels part) is down.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Scary when these great sites go down. I just found out that tobacco cellars “person” has moved on. So that’s great….
I just found out yesterday that one of my favorite reference sites (totally unrelated to tobacco) had been offline for about a year. It's so easy to forget how fragile Internet sites are -- they depend on people who are passionate and capable to keep them going. The Internet Archive is great for preserving snapshots of those sites, but it, too, requires those dedicated and capable people, or everything could be gone in a flash.

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
It is/was search that people uploaded versions of labels either similar to the tin art, the tin, art itself, or something unique. You could download it and print it on top of a label for your Mason jar.
Ahh ok. I usually just copy the image off of smoking pipes or other retailers then paste on my label template. I usually only have to crop and size. I’ll have to check out the site if it comes back.

Andre_T

Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
OK guys. The website now says that it is down for maintenance. Which is better than what it has been which was no statement so let’s hope that the fellows that take care of it get it back up and running and that we show them our gratitude when they do.

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
What is this cellar labels website that you speak of?
I started a disaster of a thread about it once. I thought I'd help folks out by spreading the word about a great resource and ended up accidentally instigating some international legal drama. Oops!

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

sean.

Lurker
Feb 6, 2024
New England
Cellar labels is still down. Anyone have anymore updates?
This is hearsay on my part but this is according to someone on Reddit as of two days ago who supposedly emailed the site owner. The website used a microservice that the site relied on to deliver content, and this microservice is no longer available. So the guy running the site is working on a new solution. The site isn't shutting down and nothing happened to the cellar label database. It's just down for maintenance while he works on a replacement solution.

MasonicPiper

Lurker
Feb 6, 2024
This is hearsay on my part but this is according to someone on Reddit as of two days ago who supposedly emailed the site owner. The website used a microservice that the site relied on to deliver content, and this microservice is no longer available. So the guy running the site is working on a new solution. The site isn't shutting down and nothing happened to the cellar label database. It's just down for maintenance while he works on a replacement solution.
Thank you! That's better than nothing.

Reactions: sean.

Dalebert

Lurker
Feb 9, 2024
While we're waiting for the website to come back, is anyone interested in trying to share around the ones that we have? I don't have too many because I'm a relatively new pipe smoker, but I'd be willing to share what I have and there are several I was going to search for, given that I have now received my first order from pipesandcigars.com

Reactions: isaac

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
Until it is up, I found this site which has a bunch of shared labels. Not sure if I’m allowed to link to another site. If not, please remove. Not sure if the poster is part of this group of not.

Hope it helps.

• Love
Reactions: sean.

Dalebert

Lurker
Feb 9, 2024
Thanks Bassman65, there were a few I was looking for that were actually there. Someone on reddit also suggested that we should just start a github site for the same purpose...that seems like a good idea; of course there should be permission requested from the mfgs so there are no legal issues, but since noone would make anything from it they should be ok with it (hopefully)