Cellar Labels (community labels part) is down.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mortamyhr

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2023
Nashville, TN
The label template is still accessible. If you take a picture of a tin, then crop it down to just the label, the template will pick up just the circular label. Hope this helps. Or pull the tin pic from an online retailer. As for bulk tobaccos that do not have a tin option, I don’t have a simple solution for that.

Reactions: AroEnglish

Dalebert

Lurker
Feb 9, 2024
I figured that I'd take pictures of whatever tins I could (of course, I haven't taken the time to do that yet). I also tried GIMP to create labels from the template, but it's very complex and I couldn't figure out how to replace the text and still have it be circular. I did google and try to figure it out (something about paths), but even that was complex and I couldn't make it do what I wanted with circular text. I did download all of the ones that I found in the alternate links that were listed, so if anyone would like any of the ones that I have I can share. I still feel that it would be really nice to have a repository of these (like the github idea that someone mentioned) for higher quality images that what can be downloaded from the retailers, but I don't have the wherewithal to do it myself.

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
This kind of thing is why I always post multiple links to stuff I share. All the labels I've done should be mirrored on Google drive but if anyone finds dead links let me know.

I'll also try and find and rehost any decent, as in good to great photo scans or original designs, labels I've downloaded from cellarlabels over the years.

• Love

Dalebert

Lurker
Feb 9, 2024
Sorry, I'm confused...do you have somewhere that you've already posted things in the past? Can we have the link(s)?

I could also host/share/backup from dropbox if there's any interest (or if your google drive is too full).

Reactions: Swiss Army Knife

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
Sorry, I'm confused...do you have somewhere that you've already posted things in the past? Can we have the link(s)?

I could also host/share/backup from dropbox if there's any interest (or if your google drive is too full).
Yeah for sure, link to the thread is here: Swiss Army Knife's Jar Labels :: Pipes Accessories - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/swiss-army-knifes-jar-labels.91246/

It's a mix of my own designs and remaking older designs by hand in illustrator so they're pristine vectors.

mpxstyle

Lurker
Mar 9, 2024
Chile
Yeah for sure, link to the thread is here: Swiss Army Knife's Jar Labels :: Pipes Accessories - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/swiss-army-knifes-jar-labels.91246/

It's a mix of my own designs and remaking older designs by hand in illustrator so they're pristine vectors.

holy cow, that's a lot of work, I will use some of them, are beautiful.

I was looking for info to know what happened with cellar labels because I was searching for Gawith and Hoggarth bulk blends labels, and there are some in the cellar labels, but they look kind of blurry.

I made one scanning the label of the hogshead blend, I don't know if could be useful for someone.

hogshead Seattle pipe club

Cheers