Chat GPT's "Ode to a Castello Pipe" - (Written in 5 seconds)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

richireland

Lurker
Dec 15, 2022
Fernandina Beach Florida
"An Ode to a Castello Pipe"

Oh Castello pipe, my faithful friend, With you by my side, my troubles end. Your smooth, polished bowl fits just right, A perfect fit for my smoking delight.

Your briar wood, so rich and dark, A true masterpiece, a work of art. Your stem, a flawless ivory white, So elegant, so refined, so right.

Your sweet aroma, a heavenly scent, Aromatic and full, my heart content. Your taste, a delight on my tongue, A pleasure to savor, all day long.

Oh Castello pipe, you bring me joy, A faithful companion, no other could employ. With you, my thoughts are clear and bright, And my troubles fade away, out of sight.

So here's to you, my dear Castello, My beloved pipe, my smoking fellow. May we share many more happy years, And bring comfort to each other, through joy and tears.

richireland

Lurker
Dec 15, 2022
Fernandina Beach Florida
Get this...

My request to Chat GPT

I said -
write me an ode to a "basket" smoking pipe

It said - Oh, noble basket pipe, With your bowl of smoky delight, You fill the air with fragrant clouds, And make our worries take flight.
Your woven wicker frame, So sturdy and reliable, Holds the warmth of burning embers, And helps us stay so comfortable.
Your stem, so long and sleek, Guides the smoke with grace and ease, And as we draw in your sweet essence, Our minds are put at peace.
Oh, basket pipe, how we adore thee, Our faithful companion in times of need, You bring us joy, relaxation, and calm, And for that, we sing your praise indeed.
So let us raise a toast to thee, Our precious and beloved friend, May you always burn bright and true, Until our journey's end.

I responded to correct its incorrect premise -

I said-
the basket designation refers not to the construction of the pipe but the fact that it's a cheap pipe typically sold from tobacconist's basket

It said - My apologies for the mistake in my previous response. Here is an ode to the humble basket pipe, sold from the tobacconist's basket:
Oh, dear basket pipe, Your price is low, but your value is high, Sold from the tobacconist's basket, You catch the smoker's eye.
Your construction may be simple, But your purpose is clear and true, To offer a smoking experience, Affordable to me and you.
You may not be adorned with fancy designs, Nor carved from exotic wood, But your bowl is deep and your stem is long, And that's all that's needed for good.
You bring us joy and relaxation, A respite from the day's stress, And in that moment of peace and calm, We feel truly blessed.
So here's to the basket pipe, Simple, yet so profound, You offer us a moment of pleasure,

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
"An Ode to a Castello Pipe"

Oh Castello pipe, my faithful friend, With you by my side, my troubles end. Your smooth, polished bowl fits just right, A perfect fit for my smoking delight.

Your briar wood, so rich and dark, A true masterpiece, a work of art. Your stem, a flawless ivory white, So elegant, so refined, so right.

Your sweet aroma, a heavenly scent, Aromatic and full, my heart content. Your taste, a delight on my tongue, A pleasure to savor, all day long.

Oh Castello pipe, you bring me joy, A faithful companion, no other could employ. With you, my thoughts are clear and bright, And my troubles fade away, out of sight.

So here's to you, my dear Castello, My beloved pipe, my smoking fellow. May we share many more happy years, And bring comfort to each other, through joy and tears.
That is disturbingly good.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I used to think Oprah Winfrey was one day going to be uncovered as Satan, now I think it’s the boys who wrote the Chat code.
Case in point:

I have been writing about the threat of AI to free speech. Then recently I learned that ChatGPT falsely reported on a claim of sexual harassment that was never made against me on a trip that never occurred while I was on a faculty where I never taught. ChapGPT relied on a cited Post article that was never written and quotes a statement that was never made by the newspaper. When the Washington Post investigated the false story, it learned that another AI program “Microsoft’s Bing, which is powered by GPT-4, repeated the false claim about Turley.” It appears that I have now been adjudicated by an AI jury on something that never occurred.

When contacted by the Post, “Katy Asher, Senior Communications Director at Microsoft, said the company is taking steps to ensure search results are safe and accurate.” That is it and that is the problem. You can be defamed by AI and these companies merely shrug that they try to be accurate. In the meantime, their false accounts metastasize across the Internet. By the time you learn of a false story, the trail is often cold on its origins with an AI system. You are left with no clear avenue or author in seeking redress. You are left with the same question of Reagan’s Labor Secretary, Ray Donovan, who asked “Where do I go to get my reputation back?”

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Is it really AI if they keep changing to the code and censor it's replies to answer things the way they want and think is politically correct at least these days? No it's just a program controlled by people.

Reactions: OverMountain

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
holy shit. I'm really f-ng old.
I don't understand most of what's being said here. I got the OP and nice poem.. and everything went hazy after that. wtf is a Chat GPT? Oprah is satan? White stems with rhinstones? I'm completely lost on this one...
Maybe a wee bit of bourbon will clear my head to make sense of it all ... Cheers!

richireland

Lurker
Dec 15, 2022
Fernandina Beach Florida
holy shit. I'm really f-ng old.
I don't understand most of what's being said here. I got the OP and nice poem.. and everything went hazy after that. wtf is a Chat GPT? Oprah is satan? White stems with rhinstones? I'm completely lost on this one...
Maybe a wee bit of bourbon will clear my head to make sense of it all ... Cheers!
It’s basically the end of humanity as an infant right now.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
The fun is just beginning:

I like the "AI" created female that was posted to Reddit like a regular girl and she got flooded with guys hitting on "her", sending "her" pics of their junk lolz and asking to buy nudes... which i am pretty sure if the guy that created it was smart he'd have it create nudes and sell them if he hasn't already, maybe an OnlyFans account LOL .. also shows you the mentality and common sense of most people on Reddit