Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottyb

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2012
I really like Two Cousin's pipe racks but cant justify the expense. While out at the local craft store I came across a primitive style cabinet that caught my eye. Gears started turning and after a couple hours of dremeling and tacking this is what I came up with.

33c9c01f.jpg

6a0ff97a.jpg

7f7f924f.jpg

Still need to clean up the resting divots but its a done deal. $20.00 and about a buck for the dowel. The numbers inside I guess were from whoever made it. I'm leaving it for that old fasgion look.

Tell me I did good... LOL

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Yep nice work. Repurposing old stuff is good too. I like the glass door. Keeps the dust out but still lets you see your babies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Hey, that's a nice job. And yep, Two Cousins make some nice furniture but, to me, it's way overpriced.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Looks cool. I've made some furniture out of old barn siding, I can't remember the color name but I found a feet stain that matches that wood color pretty close, for the resting divots, I think it was made by minwax, not sure tho. Looks good for sure.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
That is nothing short of outstanding Scotty.

You might think about antiquing the scooped out sections to minimize the distration from its vintage look.

Those drawers are nice too. Looks like the perfect place for all of your accouterments.

That is one excellent pipe cabinet. :clap:

scottyb

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks guys! I still need to smooth out those divots. Not sure if I want to stain them or adhere some felt to the shelves. The wife even said it was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.