PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Butter Side Down

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2023
Chicago
Another vote for Revor plug. It can be pricey in the US if you include the cost of the plane ticket to the UK. But if you're there anyway, pick some up. The flavoring is a bit odd. I can't think of a single other thing like it. Or even a good way to describe it. My best ballpark would be: Lightly salted blueberries smoked over an oak fire. Except way better than that probably sounds. But anyway I like it a lot.

3P's is also quite good. No detectible topping. Just delicious tobacco flavors of burley, Virginia and a bit of Kentucky.

Jackknife is in the same direction as 3P's for me, but rougher around the edges. Definitely good, but I prefer 3P for the mellower smoking experience.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yes salty dogs is dense. I dont find it a problem to prepare if you have a good sharp knife. You definitely need on for this blend.
I still have a few over a dozen that I got when members here did a bulk group buy from Germany back in 2015 for $9/plug. Eight years have turned them into bricks that I can only cut with a serrated blade.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
GH Dark Plug is probably my favourite. I like slicing up plugs to prep them for smoking, I find it almost as enjoyable as smoking them.

I made some plugs with Whole Leaf Tobacco's dark fired and dark air cured with various combinations of home grown burley and bulk condimentals that turned out a lot better (and stronger) than expected. I put them in an old C&D tin to carry them, so it counts as tinned right?

20220826_082819.jpg