PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Photos in this thread welcome.

Thus starts a new thread in a new year.

I just found it funny, as much as a pipe geek/nerd that I am, my first TAD purchase for the new year are cigars. LOL 😝

I’ve been actually thinking to pull the plug and get some stogies for quite some time, haven’t smoked them in many years, but today January 1st 2024, made a purchase on Neptune.

I looked online for months, till my eyes I think were going to pop, LOL, but Neptune does look like a good site.

I’ll post pics when it arrives in TAD, it’s nothing insane, but hopefully a nice start coming back.

Look out boys/girls, I’m moving in over here now too! LOL 😆

Happy New Year everyone! 🥳 🎈🎊 🍻 ❤️

I must be getting serious, my first post of the new year here too. :)

P.S. I wish @Smoke Queen was still around to share her cigar world/expertise. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
hmm I didn’t write this at the top of the post;

Changed the title, and not just for caps. Why not have a thread for just Cigar acquisitions? Photos in this thread good, not so much in the pipe TAD.

@didimauw or @jpmcwjr did either of you write this, and what are we talking about here?

Are we going to add a Cigar Tad section on the forum, or you’re thinking, just make this post, and similar ones for cigar tad?

Thanks

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Arrived today, my first stogies in over 15 years, it’s been so long, I can barely remember LOL. 😆

Received an AJ Fernandez 5 sampler pack, Boost 69% humidifier pack, Vertigo Big Boy Cigar Cutter VC200, and a Fuente Rosado Sun Grown 8-5-8.

2600EB63-B50A-4379-B3EE-607293711FD8.jpeg

Then I whipped out my fancy humidor to put them stogies in LOL. 😝

I figured, after keeping pipe tobacco in mason jars for years, in perfect smoking condition, why not the stogies too. :)

4E0C9712-12F9-40D1-8EDC-25A80D3997C2.jpeg

The stogies are slightly dry/firm, so I’ll let them stay in here till they are getting nice moisture before smoking the first one. Then I’ll start out with the least expensive one, the AJ Last Call and work my way up.

Last edited:

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I would have welcomed a cigar TAD 20 years ago (before pipemagazine.com was born) but now I'm just an occasional smoke of middle of the road cigars. Don't keep more than 5-10 cigars on hand at any time.

Reactions: Leomania and PipeIT

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Changed the title, and not just for caps. Why not have a thread for just Cigar acquisitions? Photos in this thread good, not so much in the pipe TAD.

I just found it funny, as much as a pipe geek/nerd that I am, my first TAD purchase for the new year are cigars. LOL 😝

I’ve been actually thinking to pull the plug and get some stogies for quite some time, haven’t smoked them in many years, but today January 1st 2024, made a purchase on Neptune.

I looked online for months, till my eyes I think were going to pop, LOL, but Neptune does look like a good site.

I’ll post pics when it arrives in TAD, it’s nothing insane, but hopefully a nice start coming back.

Look out boys/girls, I’m moving in over here now too! LOL 😆

Happy New Year everyone! 🥳 🎈🎊 🍻 ❤️

I must be getting serious, my first post of the new year here too. :)

P.S. I wish @Smoke Queen was still around to share her cigar world/expertise. :)
Helloooo @PipeIT and everyone!! I'm here now, better late than never right?!😊 I think it's nice to switch things up once in a while. This is how I discovered my love for pipes.. I did the reverse of what you did, about 10yrs ago on IPSD in 2014 is when I ventured on to a tobacco shop and got a pipe and tobacco and began my journey with pipes.... I don't have a preference but sometimes my mood sways more on the side of pipes... I love cigars and I've smoked them longer than pipes, but I have to say that there's just so much more selection on tabaco and the craftsmanship of pipes is in my humble opinion so much more special, and a better investment too. I also have a palate which prefers cuban cigars so it's not easy to get them now that I live in the USA... but I have a Cuban friend in Florida who makes cigars and those I really enjoy, they're called Montero cigars. So those are the ones I smoke... Now I want to put a post together for the pipe section!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Helloooo @PipeIT and everyone!! I'm here now, better late than never right?!😊 I think it's nice to switch things up once in a while. This is how I discovered my love for pipes.. I did the reverse of what you did, about 10yrs ago on IPSD in 2014 is when I ventured on to a tobacco shop and got a pipe and tobacco and began my journey with pipes.... I don't have a preference but sometimes my mood sways more on the side of pipes... I love cigars and I've smoked them longer than pipes, but I have to say that there's just so much more selection on tabaco and the craftsmanship of pipes is in my humble opinion so much more special, and a better investment too. I also have a palate which prefers cuban cigars so it's not easy to get them now that I live in the USA... but I have a Cuban friend in Florida who makes cigars and those I really enjoy, they're called Montero cigars. So those are the ones I smoke... Now I want to put a post together for the pipe section!

Ahhhhh Holy Crap, she’s back! I’m so happy to hear from you, welcome back! ❤️

I actually placed an order for Cubans, hopefully they’ll be here in a few weeks, stayed tuned. 🇨🇺

And now for the Memes Explosions!💥🎈🎉 🥳 🧨

Ahhhhhhhh

4AD3306F-B993-45D8-800A-BA10F0288186.gif

All Hail The Queen Has Returned!

4567E704-C9FC-4F09-AC63-2B86D4B60F90.jpeg

Flash News Report the Queen has Returned!

67E1146F-3663-4430-9723-949796787F5F.gif

Last edited:

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Just received today from WCC.

This one goes out to Manny and Ernie @ernieq of WCC! Absolutely amazing service and packaging! 👍 ❤️ 🌟

I called to thank them and Ernie answered the phone, and I had a nice long chat with him over pipes and cigars.

Please show your love guys to WCC! 👍

These came in really nice bubble wrap, around ziplock baggies with boveda packs.

C90CBA93-FC5B-4341-B447-21D24D5D893F.jpeg

From Left to Right:

2019 Vegas Cubanas "Imperiales" Torpedo
Flor de las Antillas Maduro Toro
San Cristobal Quintessence Robusto
A.J. Fernandez New World Cameroon Double Robusto
Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Cuban Belicoso
Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva No. 50
La Aroma de Cuba Classic Robusto
La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 4 Natural
Oliva Serie V Double Robusto
Padron 2000 Maduro
Padron 2000 Natural
2019 Vegas Cubanas "Invictos"
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No. 4

09D955AE-AC03-4C99-939E-9799E1CB8D9C.jpeg

I then bought this acrylic tupperdor off of Amazon, and I’m really blown away at the quality for being so inexpensive. It’s extremely rugged, not flimsy feeling at all, quite beefy. It certainly looks more than capable of maintaining the humidity, I hope so, I threw a boveda pack in it.

If this tupperdor works out, I will be buying some more.

Amazon link for - WoodElric Cigar Tupperdor Humidor

2644705D-EC70-4387-8458-913EC81AEDE5.jpeg