PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
Man this hits home for me. I’m missing the whole experience this week! I just miss it all.
As Mickey lay on the ground gasping for breath the enraged man cut Mickey's tail into coins with a cigar cutter. He then placed one of the coins into his pipe, sat on Mickey's head and proceeded to explain to the crowd what a charring light was. Goofy was besides himself in laughter.

Reactions: dctune

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Maybe this is totally weird, but I've found a bit of good pipe tobacco in perhaps a ribbon cut, works well in the ol' gum crevices.

Tastes similar, easy on the oral tissue (at least for a little while), and doesn't provide a slobbery mouth full of moisture that needs to be spit.

For me I've found nothing but flavor.

Anyone else?

Reactions: dctune

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Interesting. I’ve never tried it.
Used to dip 25 years ago. Lost the taste for it. And these days, well my wife is an SLP. Quite frankly, I’ve seen way too many people with half of their faces missing. Almost all of them from either a shotgun to the chin, or dipping/chewing. No judgment though. There’s times I still crave a fat dip. Especially when doing yard work or something. Just can’t bring myself to do it again.
Shotgun to the chin and somebody missed? Or do they have a friend who goes to "friendly" deer hunting?

FALaholic

Might Stick Around
Jan 15, 2022
North Carolina, USA
You are a better man than I. I had rather be tortured to death than have to spend any amount of time at Disney World. Just shackle me in, and start the torture... and you can go stand in line all day for kiddie rides.
Best Torture Exercise Gif GIFs | Gfycat
And at non-stop @ssrape prices too!

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Maybe this is totally weird, but I've found a bit of good pipe tobacco in perhaps a ribbon cut, works well in the ol' gum crevices.

Tastes similar, easy on the oral tissue (at least for a little while), and doesn't provide a slobbery mouth full of moisture that needs to be spit.

For me I've found nothing but flavor.

Anyone else?
Ok. I’ve never even tried it. But not too long ago I was in the local B&M and we were wondering what was in some tin he had on the shelf. Neither of us had never had it. He said it was one thing. I said I could’ve sworn I read it was something else. So he grabbed the sharpie, marked the tin as “sample,” popped the lid, grabbed a pinch, and threw it in his mouth. I was like “Well dang.” He tasted on it for a minute and confirmed whatever it was. Then spit it out after a few minutes. It’s an intriguing idea.

Reactions: FLDRD

PeterPipersPizza

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2021
Fresno, CA
Can you imagine how great Disneyland was back in the day when you could smoke a pipe without being harassed? I heard the park even sold pipes and tobacco, but I don't know when that stopped. The aroma of churros and Captain Black wafting through the air... heavenly.

• Love
Reactions: dctune and jpmcwjr

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Can you imagine how great Disneyland was back in the day when you could smoke a pipe without being harassed? I heard the park even sold pipes and tobacco, but I don't know when that stopped. The aroma of churros and Captain Black wafting through the air... heavenly.
Now there’s an amazing thought! I bet it was incredible! I love all the pipe smoking in the old Disney movies. And while I’m here, I’m trying to find and snap pix of as many pipe references I can find. Might post a thread later depending on how many photos I get.

Reactions: PeterPipersPizza