PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Alright, so this is a weird one for sure, but does anyone know if there is such a thing as a coconut chocolate tobacco? Something like a Bounty bar? I know that will sound hideous to some people, but I swear I have a reason to want it haha!
Not that I am aware. I haven't had it, but Wilke had a chocolate and PB & chocolate that are suppose to be good. It may be worth sending them an inquiry about the possibility of chocolate and coconut and see what they say.

Reactions: JOHN72 and jiminy

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I have wondered the same as I too like the flavour combination. The only coconut blend I have tried (or atleast aware of) was the GH sweet coconut twist, and how I tasted the coconut was more in the residual oil left in my mouth rather than in the smoke.

you can however buy 15ml bottles of the coconut flavouring for tobacco, perhaps get one and do some trials with it on an existing chocolate forward blend you already enjoy?

jiminy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Not that I am aware. I haven't had it, but Wilke had a chocolate and PB & chocolate that are suppose to be good. It may be worth sending them an inquiry about the possibility of chocolate and coconut and see what they say.
I had thought about reaching out to a couple places and seeing if they could mix something up, or at least give me further direction.
you can however buy 15ml bottles of the coconut flavouring for tobacco, perhaps get one and do some trials with it on an existing chocolate forward blend you already enjoy?
Interesting! I didn't know you could get small bottles of it like that... whereabouts can you find them? I've never done my own toppings, but it is something I've been curious about trying.
You may have to resort to self help for that one. How about Almond Joy?

Coconut

+
Chocolate
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to check into that coconut one a bit more.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Peretti 432 has a coconut topping. It is, in fact, their own version of !Q but with coconut rather than vanilla. . You could parfait it with a chocolate smoke. Also, Ashton Smooth Sailing has some coconut and maybe chocolate.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
The tobacco you want is MATCH Hines Mixture. It has a coconut/cocoa topping. The bag note is one of chocolate. It has Cavendish, Burley and Virginia. It is one of my favorite tobaccos. The only place I know you can get it is at Pipes and Cigars, but you can get it in bulk. You can read a review of it on Tabaccoreviews. Enjoy.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
+1 for L.J. Peretti Blend No. 432 + Sutliff's #19 Coconut Almond & Match Hines Mixture T426.

I've enjoyed all three & they're very nice mild aromatic blends where the coconut readily comes through.
If they aren't chocolatey enough for you I'd mix in some Sutliff D54 Chocolate Supreme.

Any of those should give you the pipe tobacco equivalent of a Mounds bar or an Almond Joy - U.S. variants of the Bounty bar.

Reactions: jiminy and JOHN72

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Do an Advanced Search by Flavors at Tobaccoreviews.com to see all your current options. You'll have to hit, 'Show more search fields' for the Flavors option.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
There are a number of blends made that have coconut as one of the flavors but I can't remember any that has or had both coconut and chocolate. Sutliff had a couple of bulk blends (Caribbean Nights and South Seas) but neither has chocolate flavoring.

I just smoked a bowl of Poul Winslow No. 1 yesterday and it has coconut, rum and vanilla but no chocolate.