PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When we were teenagers, people thought we were irascible because we were naive and horny, which we were. But when you get a little achy in the joints and have to have a nap now and then, people think it is because you are old. Which we tend to be. But being cranky isn't age specific. So bear that in mind.

Sometimes feeling irritated is just feeling irritated and isn't time/age specific.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Eons ago, which could be in the 1950's, there was a TV show, in black and white, called, "Life Begins at Eighty." It featured a panel of elders eighty and up in age. They'd be presented with questions from viewers by the moderator seeking advice on life situations.

The panelists were selected for being wry, peppery, and insightful. Some of what they said was in the "get off my lawn" genre, but other responses were more witty, philosophical, or innovative.

I don't think it lasted for more than a few seasons, and a few of the panelists may not have lasted that long. But it was an interesting and generally affirmative picture of old age back when most people didn't live as long as they do today. Not withstanding that life expectancy has lost some ground in recent years in the U.S.

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
Oh man. @B.Fee I know I can ask dumb questions on here sometimes, but I have good intentions. I hope I don’t make you get up from the lawn chair. Apologies for probably being an assclown. What kinda behavior are you talking about specifically, I’d like to avoid it.
I totally don't believe what I'm saying, but hopefully you will.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Used to be able to sit back in my lawn chair and scroll through the different threads on the forum and chuckle at some of the goofy comments without feeling the need to jump up and yell "GET OFF MY LAWN" but end up getting another beer and keep quiet. I wonder how much longer till I'm in the balcony about to be removed from the administration. 🤣View attachment 225545

Get-Off-My-Lawn-01b.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Or activated his thumbs. I still miss him though…
Yeah I liked him but also found him hard to take at times. Mainly that he just seemed to want to stir poop and sometimes it was something he felt strongly about and sometimes just trying to annoy as many people as possible. I always wonder with people I've just met online are they like that all the time or just on screen. I've known both. I can be both too sometimes.