PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
It was pure dumb luck on my part.

I had a Fantasia 111 on my mind for ages, went to buy bit online but saw the Miele at the last second (well you can't see them online in Australia actually, crazy government)

Will have to put the Fantasia off for Santa to get me ?

As it stands there is a 677 available from the same vendor, Alexanders Cigars in Melbourne, Australia...

You can imagine how tedious buying pipes from Online Tobacconist's is here.
I’m not real sure they even made a 616 Miele, but I love the stems on those.

Reactions: Brendan

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
It was pure dumb luck on my part.

I had a Fantasia 111 on my mind for ages, went to buy bit online but saw the Miele at the last second (well you can't see them online in Australia actually, crazy government)

Will have to put the Fantasia off for Santa to get me ?

As it stands there is a 677 available from the same vendor, Alexanders Cigars in Melbourne, Australia...

You can imagine how tedious buying pipes from Online Tobacconist's is here.
I ordered a H Wiebe radiator stem and a Bones stack bowl sight unseen from MyHumidor.com.au. Turns out I didn't get the stem I thought I ordered.

Luckily they were happy for me to send it back to get the stem I wanted. It did cost me express shipping both ways unfortunately, but I used the return shipping as an excuse to throw a tin of Erinmore Flake in the package, so all was well in the end.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Some are shape specific with their pipes. At one time I had close to 40 904s.
Yeah I can respect that, I feel the same with my modest pair of straight pipes.
I don't mind the Savinelli 128 shape but wish it was slightly more chunky like my Peterson 106 - even if it's minor.
If I had a choice I'd keep the same proportions.
To each their own ?

Oh and yes I do recall seeing the photo's some time back before I joined on, not a bad shape at the 904's
??

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I ordered a H Wiebe radiator stem and a Bones stack bowl sight unseen from MyHumidor.com.au. Turns out I didn't get the stem I thought I ordered.

Luckily they were happy for me to send it back to get the stem I wanted. It did cost me express shipping both ways unfortunately, but I used the return shipping as an excuse to throw a tin of Erinmore Flake in the package, so all was well in the end.
Any excuse will do for another tin.?
Currently working on my next excuse for a 4noggins order despite getting 8oz last week.?

Reactions: Charlie718

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
I'm all for coloured stems! I reserve my Peterson Dracula pipes for lakelands; the red/black stems are a handy warning that ghosts may be present :ROFLMAO:

But I do have green, grey/blue and other colour stems... ...and plenty of just plain old black too.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
WTF?
No, really: WTF?
Yes, really. All you see is a brand and model name and a very basic description. They brought that legislation in when I still lived in Sydney and after that I always bought my pipes from SPC or SPEu (there were no brick & mortor stores anywhere near me - certainly none in Sydney that I could track down and I'm not even sure there were any in the State!).

• Sad
Reactions: Country Bladesmith