PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
In the first January 1946 issue of Pipe Lover’s magazine Comoy’s gave their instructions for breaking in a new briar pipe.

IMG_6659.jpeg
IMG_6660.jpeg

Break in instructions were promised to be a regular feature like the monthly Pipe Dream girl.

IMG_6661.jpeg

And Marx bought a full page full color advertisement on the back page of the first edition.

IMG_6662.jpeg

Mem do not and will never change in the slightest.

We all want a good pipe made of fine, aged Algerian briar and a pretty girl to tell us what a rugged outdoor man of action we look like smoking it.

Last edited:

ParkitoATL

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
In the first January 1946 issue of Pipe Lover’s magazine Comoy’s gave their instructions for breaking in a new briar pipe... Break in instructions were promised to be a regular feature like the monthly Pipe Dream girl.
What a babe! Women back then just had an everyday elegance that seems to have been lost in the cheap and easy generation.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
What a babe! Women back then just had an everyday elegance that seems to have been lost in the cheap and easy generation.
I grew up in ATL so, living there, I could see why you think that. Women are not like that where I live now, in the remote Pacific Northwest. They are generally much more reserved and the culture as a whole out here is much less sexualized.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
In your mind, is this glamour shot representative of “women back then”?
Oddly, as someone who has many original photos of family members from way back then on the wall in my main hallway, it seems to be so. It was a look the women liked going for from the instagram of their day, movie posters.