PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I still smoke it on occasion as a 50/50 mixture with Warrior Plug. I was a devotee of the plug until it was sent to Poland and after that it just lost something in translation. My late friend Dave was devoted to the stuff and I gifted him most of my stash of Gallagher Plugs a year or so ago and he was still smoking his way through them until a few weeks before his demise. The Ready Rubbed had certainly lost its 'Washing Up' liquid taste the last time I purchased any. Recently I was very kindly gifted a pack from the late 1980s and that was spot and so it is savored and smoked sparingly.
@condorlover1 @simong gave me a clay pipe's worth of 1980s Irish Condor Long Cut at last year's Nottingham Pipe Show; a great smoke in Ye Olde Clay and fitting for the Redcoat:)

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I heard Welsh Condor predates that but it tastes like Juicy Fruit and you can only buy it in London. Pretty sure that’s what I heard anyway
Who told you that, Harry?
Harry the Greek, scotch bloke from Swansea?
Condor will know but I think there was a very robust Welsh twist & shag years ago. Franklyn's was it?

As far as the redcoat is concerned, about time he threw away the tri cornered hat, along with those poxy clay pipes of his. Dan! Get yourself a falcon & a cloth cap lad, like the rest of us. 👍

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Which is real proof of just what losers they really were!
Losers?
Hardly, young man. You've got to be in it to win it, as they say. I think it was a case of one foot in & one foot out, from the redcoats perspective I mean. Take pennsylvania for example, who'd want to set one foot in that state, let alone two? Like Wales, but without the singing!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Losers?
Hardly, young man. You've got to be in it to win it, as they say. I think it was a case of one foot in & one foot out, from the redcoats perspective I mean. Take pennsylvania for example, who'd want to set one foot in that state, let alone two? Like Wales, but without the singing!
All you got to see was the Route 78 corridor, which was land that the Germans settled. The English went to Philadelphia, which subsequently became a slum. Except for the German areas.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Condor - even this latest polish incarnation - is just fine. Fortunately, I have a friend in Spain, where it rains, mainly on the plain, who sends me a push here now and then.
Truck driving security guard type of friend? I’ve heard he can’t see 3 on a donkey but you’ve gotta watch out or he’ll kick your ass like a fresh cauliflower. I’m pretty sure that’s what I heard.

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Truck driving security guard type of friend? I’ve heard he can’t see 3 on a donkey but you’ve gotta watch out or he’ll kick your ass like a fresh cauliflower. I’m pretty sure that’s what I heard.
Yeah, you heard that right. I understand the Moroccans have crowded him out. He is currently in North Spain where I think he might want to settle down. The issue is they only grow broccoli up there, LOL.

• Wow
Reactions: LotusEater

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Who told you that, Harry?
Harry the Greek, scotch bloke from Swansea?
Condor will know but I think there was a very robust Welsh twist & shag years ago. Franklyn's was it?

As far as the redcoat is concerned, about time he threw away the tri cornered hat, along with those poxy clay pipes of his. Dan! Get yourself a falcon & a cloth cap lad, like the rest of us. 👍
@simong I've got a cloth cap but I can't get rid of the Redcoat as it's part of me. I'm not into Falcons or most non clay pipes; I'm happy being a clay pipe smoking Redcoat:) Hope to see you at Nottingham this year!

Reactions: simong