PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I like this game.

1. Most days I smoke hot and fast.
2. I like clouds as well.
3. I don't always clean my pipe after a smoke....or 5....
4. I smoke during being sick, and immediately after having dental work.
5. My wife hates that I smoke a pipe or cigs in public near people...me, I don't give a fuck. (Unless there's a no smoking sign)
6. During Christmas time, I usually make sure I get exactly what I want for myself pipe wise, usually early. Then I panic to find things last minute for everyone else.

There may be a part two.

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
ok. #21 made me laugh. You started at 18 now 21......and you haven't seen a good B&M in "years" . I guess technically not wrong but .....just hit me funny. Like when I hear youngins on streams talking about how at 28 they are old and washed up playing a video game.

Only one I can think for myself. I struggle to throw away cobs that are no longer serviceable because even though cheap they are like old friends (old as in dog years aging old) and hate to see them go. Now equally as bad they get lined up beside the new batch of MM seconds that just came in. Which would be just cruel if they were people.
That would be funny. My grammar is poor because what I was trying to say is “21 years later.” I’m actually 41 now and I even still did the math wrong! Any way, 23 years later, I haven’t seen a good b&m pipe place in years.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I confess that I read it and . . . even read the OP's next couple of posts! I can prove it, he can't add!

Not sure about the confessions, but like reading observations --- I see confession I want salacious, then again my wife thinks all I want for Christmas is her. ;)

java3

Lurker
Jan 13, 2018
I think your tobacco is either too moist or you are smoking too fast..................take your time and enjoy it and please send me a PM regarding the restorer with the overactive sandpaper.

Pipe Collector34

java3

Lurker
Jan 13, 2018
Maybe the pipe holder (I like it) gets glued on the dash because of the lack of metal in the dash and it is only metal pipes that are smoked?/")%$.

PipeCollector34

Reactions: trouttimes

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
i liked this thread very much. Im 65 and this is the third time ive tried pipes. A list of 23 nuances is cool. Im still making my way through the hobby. It is a hobby for me. Frequently smoke the same bowl over a two day period. Always outside. If I could smoke in the house or my work office id undoubtedly smoke much more. Absolutely love the smell of tobaccos and the varieties. Its all good. Great forum people. Happy to be here.

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I confess that I read it and . . . even read the OP's next couple of posts! I can prove it, he can't add!

Not sure about the confessions, but like reading observations --- I see confession I want salacious, then again my wife thinks all I want for Christmas is her. ;)
You’re completely right. I woke up this morning and thought, “wait, my post didn’t make any mathematical sense! What was I smoking!?” So, for the final try, when I was 20 years younger than I am today, I visited many great brick and mortar pipe shops… now all gone. That’s not news, I suppose.

This has been a fun thread of responses to read. I’ll try to come up with some more salacious confessions next time!

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Curious: by "I lost my taste for Latakia and I miss it" mean that you ...
No longer LIKE the taste of Latakia?
Or more that you just aren't able to taste what you used to taste from it (though you might still enjoy English, etc. blends)?
Or something else entirely?

And what do you miss about the lost taste of Latakia?