PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jakesmokes

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2015
Michigan
I sent my off to Arango Cigars. I dropped mine and broke it so they had to get parts so it took quite awhile about 5ish weeks. But it came back as good as new!

Reactions: Pip'n'Piper

doccaliban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2014
Pacific Northwest
I wonder if they sell the rebuild kits... I do all of my own work on pretty much everything else from engines to electronics to gunsmithing... it might be fun to service the lighter myself. I'd also like to buff all of the gold plating off and have it be silver instead. I'll send them a message and ask.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I wonder if they sell the rebuild kits... I do all of my own work on pretty much everything else from engines to electronics to gunsmithing... it might be fun to service the lighter myself. I'd also like to buff all of the gold plating off and have it be silver instead. I'll send them a message and ask.
Let us know!

Mine is still in great shape after almost 3 years. But It gets used regularly. Kept in my jeans 5th pocket at all times.

The most expensive lighter I own, and the most dropped lighter I own....
PXL_20240128_040109275.MP.jpg

doccaliban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Will do. Sent a message.
I bought mine in the very early 90's. Gold with rough (I assume) briar. It's spent the majority of its life in the box it came in. I wish I had the original receipt!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Will do. Sent a message.
I bought mine in the very early 90's. Gold with rough (I assume) briar. It's spent the majority of its life in the box it came in. I wish I had the original receipt!
Id like a sandblasted briar one someday. I was just looking for one online!

doccaliban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2014
Pacific Northwest
I heard back from both shops; the manufacturer does not allow parts to be sold, other than items such as the tamper, filler screw cap, etc. Makes sense.

I hadn't realized that they discontinued the briar versions altogether due to the cost of material.