PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Covid sucks. My 23 yr old daughter contracted Covid (17 days ago) and is not considered viral/contagious. In other words, she is out of quarantine. She is now on the way to the Emergency room and will most likely be admitted for pulmonary issues related to Covid. Our oldest son was deployed to DC with the National Guard 2 weeks ago (if you saw photos of the guard sleeping on the floor near a bust of Washington, you saw my son) and he, along with many of his unit, have Covid from sleeping on the Capitol floor in close quarters. He was diagnosed 2 days ago and at least is no longer sleeping on the floor and is in a hotel in Arlington under quarantine.

Wear your damn masks! And for f sake, stay away from people as much as possible. Oh, and get your shot. If my wife can, anyone can. This has the potential of getting worse before getting better.

On the positive side, my oldest daughter who I have bragged about many times here has had her shots and is still working 14 hour days to help find better vaccines, better testing protocols, and hopefully, better therapeutics for Covid. She has thousands and thousands of Covid samples pass through her lab daily. She is the subject expert for a very specific and accurate testing protocol. They are working their asses off while putting themselves in harm's way. She looks like she has been through a war with bruises all over her face and neck from masks and containment equipment.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I was fortunate to have very, very mild symptoms with COVID. Obviously, it affects people in different manners. I still wear my mask while in public places out of respect to everyone else. The virus is EXTREMELY contagious. If I hadn't already had it, I would get the vaccine shot whenever available to me.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Best of luck to the family!

I received Moderna #1 about two weeks ago. That's probably the biggest, most talked about non-issue I've experienced. Wife and I had a tender shoulder, nothing else and I was doing my exercise routine the next day. With the vaccine's polarizing nature, you'd think it comes with a 50% mortality rate.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Best of luck to the family!

I received Moderna #1 about two weeks ago. That's probably the biggest, most talked about non-issue I've experienced. Wife and I had a tender shoulder, nothing else and I was doing my exercise routine the next day. With the vaccine's polarizing nature, you'd think it comes with a 50% mortality rate.
For real. Nobody cries about a tetanus vaccine when they step on a nail. Yet some people have reactions to them.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
All the best for your kids, man. We all need to be together on this thing.

My immediate family has, so far, remained uninfected but several of them are of the “it won’t affect me” or the “...but I read on BookFace that if I eat blueberries it’ll be fine...” or the “vaccine is full of microchips/Mercury/donkey piss/mind control drugs” camps and it really, truly worries me. I have to talk my mom down from the latest conspiracy theories all the time and I just hope that she listens.

I know two people on the front lines, and have heard their horror stories.

I am so, so ready for this to be done. We all are. The sooner we all take the correct steps, the sooner it’ll be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.