Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
Hoping to get a another bings favorite for my burley blends.
Right bf we sat down to watch the movie tonight, my wife said, “We’re gonna let you open one gift tonight. I think it’s something you could use right away.”

She knows I always smoke a bowl of Crooner with this film. I was so excited. I thought she had bought me a Bing and was giving it to me to smoke while we watched.

It was socks. 3 pairs of Christmas socks.

I’m not ungrateful. I told her I’ll be wearing these tomorrow while I go look for a good divorce attorney. 🤣

dctune

The fam and I just watched WC on Wednesday...I remarked at that very scene to my wife that they don't make real friction matches like that anymore.
There’s a scene a little later where they’re at a party. Betty is mad at Bob. All bc Emma’s nosy-only-getting-part-of-the-story butt. She should’ve just minded her own business like George Utley would do 40 years later at another Vermont inn.

Anyway, in that scene, he lights up, striking the match with just thumb.

Why does everything get outlawed? Smh.

Reactions: Jacob74 and kcghost

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Right bf we sat down to watch the movie tonight, my wife said, “We’re gonna let you open one gift tonight. I think it’s something you could use right away.”

She knows I always smoke a bowl of Crooner with this film. I was so excited. I thought she had bought me a Bing and was giving it to me to smoke while we watched.

It was socks. 3 pairs of Christmas socks.

I’m not ungrateful. I told her I’ll be wearing these tomorrow while I go look for a good divorce attorney. 🤣
I know, right? Last week, my wife bought “off brand” Pop Tarts! I mean, who does that? It’s almost as if she’s not even trying anymore. This is the ugly side of marriage that no one ever talks about.

Last edited:

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Crooner is a favorite. But I won’t purchase the latest iterations. It’s as if the Deer Tongue walked through the tobacco on stilts.

C’mon C&D! Where has the DT gone???

I wish I cellared some just a few years ago.

Reactions: Elric and dctune

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Wish I had tried it bf last year. Everybody talks about the deertongue difference.
Dude. You could smell it through the packaging. It was the ghost of ghosts. All of those lovely green speckles and that quality burley.

Now it tastes like unadorned burley.

I find myself picking through the tin to produce a few good bowls.

It’s such a shame.

• Wow
Reactions: dctune

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Hey, guys! Question. And I don’t mean to steer the topic in another direction. But if you’re reading a post on Crooner, it’s means two things:

You admire Bing
You enjoy Deer Tongue.

My Question: If anyone knows.. Where can I purchase Deer Tongue that I can use for blending?

I would think 🤔 that in the right proportions it could liven up Granger (or Pegasus) and make for some interesting smokes.

And on edit: Whose with me for organizing a march upon C&D Headquarters in protest?

dctune

Hey, guys! Question. And I don’t mean to steer the topic in another direction. But if you’re reading a post on Crooner, it’s means two things:

You admire Bing
You enjoy Deer Tongue.

My Question: If anyone knows.. Where can I purchase Deer Tongue that I can use for blending?

I would think 🤔 that in the right proportions it could liven up Granger (or Pegasus) and make for some interesting smokes.

And on edit: Whose with me for organizing a march upon C&D Headquarters in protest?
I second this. Where to buy straight DT? Would love to get my hands on some.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia

You admire Bing
You enjoy Deer Tongue.

You need to get @JimInks on board.

Merton

Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Reactions: dctune