SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 20, 2022
I wanted one of his chimney pipes but with the height even more emphasized with the addition of many bead lines - much like the Porsche designed pipes from years ago. The execution was perfect, and dealing with Marco was a breeze. I really like how well this idea turned out, and I also took it as a compliment that Marco was so enthusiastic about the design that he started it first thing the following morning.

The bowl is 3.5" high, and the overall length is 6". Chamber diameter .78". In theory, the surface area is increased by the beads for cooling, but in practice this isn't remotely needed. It is a cool smoking pipe, and I like how the beads evoke a radiator or a heat sink.

It weighs 131g, and it is the size of a dedicated house pipe, but I can clench it for lighting without issue.

20346.jpeg

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
After two bowls of Westminster, the smoking time is about 90 minutes. The chamber is only .78" - - one of the reasons I went with that diameter besides the thick walls.
Yeah my post was more sarcasm than not. I noticed the chamber width was normal and only the depth was monstrous. 90 minutes is surprising though.
Curious, how'd it smoke? How was flavor around the half way mark or lower ?

Reactions: drastic_quench
Aug 20, 2022
Yeah my post was more sarcasm than not. I noticed the chamber width was normal and only the depth was monstrous. 90 minutes is surprising though.
Curious, how'd it smoke? How was flavor around the half way mark or lower ?
I have a pretty patient cadence, and I might get caught up in a book and go five minutes without a puff or relight.

Flavor seems to be right in line with other pipes, though the morta does seem to be dryer smoking than the average briar.