PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
So I was looking through the leftovers of yall's run on my bags of D&R.. not much left.. when I plugged Daughters and Ryan in the search bar at Pipesandcigars, OHM popped up along with V.P.B. Value Pipe blends. The VPB blends are made by Daughters and Ryan.. but almost gone as well.

What about OHM, is this D&R?

What other brands does/did D&R make?

I'm trying a few off beat tobacco blends and RYO tobacco, in a search for my next favorite.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
OHM is not too bad, something akin to Gambler or Kentucky Select. More meant for RYO with tubes rather than a pipe but you can use pretty much any tobacco however you want when it comes to pipe/cigs. If you are looking for some decent RYO tobacco here are a few ones I enjoy (keep in mind I only smoked menthol back then):

Sparrow- This one is more complex than most bag pipe tobacco. Very unique and Can be had for a reasonable price. Can be found at local smoke shops/liquor stores in both small and LB bags. Highly recommend Sparrow it's my #1 choice for bag roll up tobacco.

Cherokee- nice inexpensive tobacco, not too many stems.

Drum blue- This has recently made a comeback at B&M's here in the Detroit area. It is rather expensive (around $9 for a pouch) but is a shag cut and enough to roll around 2 packs. Very tasty with some dark fired leaf but the best one I have tried unfiltered.

Lane Leaf- this seems to be a new RYO pouch tobacco. Comes in a light blue pouch with a green leaf on it, kind of looks like a pack of blunt wraps lol. Straight Virginia not too bad but it has given me a headache from smoking it the past few days.

American Spirit Black- uses a tiny amount of Perique and is the most expensive one I have tried ( around $12) but like with Drum it does have a decent amount due to being very dry plus the finer cut.

D&R 3 sails- I fell in love with this blend pretty much right away. Shag cut Virginia burns well with a Red hot coal. Is tasty both in paper as well as pipe. Would also recommend Picuyane but it has been recently discontinued:(

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
OHM is not too bad, something akin to Gambler or Kentucky Select. More meant for RYO with tubes rather than a pipe but you can use pretty much any tobacco however you want when it comes to pipe/cigs. If you are looking for some decent RYO tobacco here are a few ones I enjoy (keep in mind I only smoked menthol back then):

Sparrow- This one is more complex than most bag pipe tobacco. Very unique and Can be had for a reasonable price. Can be found at local smoke shops/liquor stores in both small and LB bags. Highly recommend Sparrow it's my #1 choice for bag roll up tobacco.

Cherokee- nice inexpensive tobacco, not too many stems.

Drum blue- This has recently made a comeback at B&M's here in the Detroit area. It is rather expensive (around $9 for a pouch) but is a shag cut and enough to roll around 2 packs. Very tasty with some dark fired leaf but the best one I have tried unfiltered.

Lane Leaf- this seems to be a new RYO pouch tobacco. Comes in a light blue pouch with a green leaf on it, kind of looks like a pack of blunt wraps lol. Straight Virginia not too bad but it has given me a headache from smoking it the past few days.

American Spirit Black- uses a tiny amount of Perique and is the most expensive one I have tried ( around $12) but like with Drum it does have a decent amount due to being very dry plus the finer cut.

D&R 3 sails- I fell in love with this blend pretty much right away. Shag cut Virginia burns well with a Red hot coal. Is tasty both in paper as well as pipe. Would also recommend Picuyane but it has been recently discontinued:(

Thanks for the information. I've been looking to try a couple of those.

Reactions: chopper

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I tried it years ago back in my RYO days and thought it was fairly standard, but not bad. I thought of it as being meant for the roller/stuffer who was looking for a Marlboro red type of blend. Once I got onto the Ryback and Three Sails, or Amsterdam Shag/Bali/Drum when I had money, I never really had much interest in rolling much else.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I was hoping to get a couple more pounds of Rimboche SJ beforehand. ☹

May 2, 2020
Louisiana

Wasn’t sure if this was Mark’s or the new stuff. I got some, thanks, Jim. ?

Reactions: chopper and JimInks
Status
Not open for further replies.