PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
Just picked up a can of this tobacco, and have a few questions. Wondering if there was any way to date the manufacturing date of this tin? There is a sticker on the bottom with some numbers.20220909_110352.jpg wondering if there was a way to date the manufacturing of this tobacco by the number? Not a big deal just curious. Also it looks like the top of the tin sealed by foil, never came across this style yet and just wondering on his quality when it comes to long-term storage? Can it hold up, I'm not too worried about this tin as I'll probably be smoking it the next 6 months but if it's one I really like and decide to celler some should I leave it in the 10 or transfer it to jars?
20220909_110425.jpg

Reactions: ofafeather

sobranie759

Lurker
Jun 5, 2013
This in my opinion is a great latakia blend and one I have smoked on and off over the years.
The foil top is good for the short term, but anything more than a few months would be risky. Back in the early days of Balkan Sasieni the eight oz tins had the foil top. I had to rehydrate a number of tins I had stored.
Enjoy this blend, its one of the good ones....... and it is available :)

Reactions: Masterblaster