PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A public service reminder for areas that observe the return to standard time, which actually occurs at 2 a.m. Sunday morning, but requires resetting your clocks before you retire for the night. I dislike the early dark days of November, and especially the evenings when it feels like ten p.m. at seven p.m., but the seasonal changes are pleasing, mostly.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
This means I get an extra hour with my daughter this weekend! Yay! I grew up in AZ so this whole daylight savings stuff is still really weird for me. It takes the body sometime to adjust to the difference.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
...but WHERE and HOW am I supposed to store it?

They never tell you that part, do they?

It's like the whole time-keeping world is having a big joke...

Every Fall it's "Save your daylight! Save your daylight!," then every Spring you're supposed to turn it loose again.

Startin' to wear me out.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
who would have thought that would be what they get right when no one else does.
Right? Of course, it particularly makes sense for Arizona. When it's 115 outside during a summer afternoon, all you want is for the Sun to go down as early as possible. I loved the long summer evenings and twilights growing up in Oregon, but that would be (even more) brutal here.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
A public service reminder for areas that observe the return to standard time, which actually occurs at 2 a.m. Sunday morning, but requires resetting your clocks before you retire for the night. I dislike the early dark days of November, and especially the evenings when it feels like ten p.m. at seven p.m., but the seasonal changes are pleasing, mostly.
Thanks,MSO.I had forgotten it.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In N.C. the strongest argument is that standard time keeps school kids from roaming around in the dark getting to school, and getting run over. That always seems to settle the discussion. Otherwise, I'd prefer DST year round. I like sable's remedy of just leaving the clocks alone. That's what I end up doing in my car, but the house clocks and wristwatches I reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.