PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnbowes

Lurker
Dec 10, 2009
Tonight I get the pleasure of breaking in a new pipe, a Peterson Rock of Cashel. It is a billiard style pipe, with a rustic finish. I am smoking Frog Morton in it. So far, so good. I think I am going to love this pipe!

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Congrats on the pipe John. Tonight I am smoking PS Optimum. In a Bjorne flat bottom Viking.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
johnbowes said
breaking in a new pipe, a Peterson Rock of Cashel

I get a real kick out of the whole break-in process. Talk about OCD! I'm positively anal-retentive; typically I fill up only halfway, or less, for the first (dare I admit it) 100 smokes! And I use the spoon end of my trusty pipe nail to burnish the developing cake after every smoke. OCD to the max :), but it produces a very durable and smooth cake, eventually. Well, hey, I'm retired and I'm entitled to my eccentricities.
John, enjoy that "Pete!" Is it a P-lip or fishtail? I never really heard a bad word about those pipes; and the one I have is among the most comfortable pipes I've ever owned.
Just finished a bowl of C&D's Trinidad, the Burleyphile's alternative to a Vaper, consisting of Cavendish, Burley, Perique and Deertongue. Solid Burley taste with a spicy character as befitting the season.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Smoking Devil's Holiday. I am not crazy about the tin aroma, but soon after lighting the taste of real tobacco comes through nicely.

dunendain

Jul 22, 2009
Smoking a bowl of Plum Pudding with Santa at 4.23am pacific. Very smooth. Santa Thinks so too.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
On Christmas Eve, I had some McClelland Christmas Cheer 2006 and then some CAO Cherry Bomb.
I didn't smoke any pipes yesterday because when I woke up, I felt sick and felt worse as the day went on.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Uh-oh, sounds like the flu. Kill the bugs with a bowl or two of Five Brothers.

I've been breaking in the Rattray's ¼-bent bulldog that Santa left under the tree; using C&D's Haunted Bookshop.

Here's a pic of the homemade label(s) that I made for the Mason jar lids.

HauntedLabel.jpg
(Would you say I've got too much time on my hands? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.