Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dctune

Part of the Furniture Now
I’ve been smoking Crooner quite regularly since Christmas. Apparently it was a fave blend of Bing Crosby himself (if we’re to believe the marketing). So it just seemed right to order some and smoke it whilst watching White Christmas. From what I understand, it’s burley and deertongue, and I’ve taken a shine to it.

Now, I know deertongue can result in some polarizing opinions. So I’m curious what you think about it.

Here’s my opinion: it actually reminds a bit of the flavor profile I used to get back when I smoked cigars regularly over a decade ago. I typically smoke Ashton VSG Illusion sticks back then. Anybody else get that same experience?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I thought deertongue was a blood thinner, but chasingembers discerned a chemical difference between the blood thinner and the herb, so apparently that was a red herring.

It's probably no better or worse than other flavorings used in tobacco. Crooner has a devoted following.

Piping Abe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
Love everything Deer Tongue.

New Market is the most aromatic

Engine 382 is a notch below Gentleman Caller in strength and flavor

Gentleman Caller is the strongest and my favorite

Crooner is straight burley with DT. It has less DT in it now than it used to. At least for my last batch. So I added extra DT and now it’s in every puff.