PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zeno Marx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
Excellent thread. I must have been living under a rock for the past decades. I didn't know people had a reaction like this to burley, and 20% is substantial.

Reactions: Coreios

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
OP have you tried charcoal filters in 6 or 9mm? Charcoal filters were (so I’m told) developed by the Germans after WW1 based on the success of gas mask design. I use them regularly and in combo with drying, kept the smoke cool and dry and bite free. Aside from Macbaren Dark Twist, I can’t get bit anymore.

Reactions: jiminy and Coreios

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
OP have you tried charcoal filters in 6 or 9mm? Charcoal filters were (so I’m told) developed by the Germans after WW1 based on the success of gas mask design. I use them regularly and in combo with drying, kept the smoke cool and dry and bite free. Aside from Macbaren Dark Twist, I can’t get bit anymore.
Yeah I have. Turns out Im allergic to Burley. I've avoided it and can now smoke painlessly. Thanks though.

Reactions: Buffalo

jiminy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I'm pretty much a charcoal 9mm only-ist these days. I don't smoke much so the extra cost is minimal, and it has eliminated any bite for me thus far.

Reactions: OverMountain