Do You Clench your Pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I am constantly changing where I hold my pipe at my dentists request. He is a pipesmoker too. He had stories of people who hold their pipe in the same spot all the time.

I wouldn't call how I hold my pipe a "bite" but a clench. I don't have to hold so tight that marks are made, just tight enough to keep it from wagging around as I walk or work.

Do u mind sharing what stories he had?
When smoke constantly hits the same spot in your mouth, pending what part the smoke hits, you can either develop a tumor where the smoke hits, or the skin can start to recede from your teeth. Where ever it hits, if you don't change it up, mouth cancer can be the result.

Ocam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2020
Spain
I am constantly changing where I hold my pipe at my dentists request. He is a pipesmoker too. He had stories of people who hold their pipe in the same spot all the time.

I wouldn't call how I hold my pipe a "bite" but a clench. I don't have to hold so tight that marks are made, just tight enough to keep it from wagging around as I walk or work.
I try to change sides for health issues as well, but I always end up clenching in the right side. It seems to be more comfortable for any reason, but what you say is not to ignore.