Do You Still Utilize Your Local Public Library?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
Big fan of the local library system, and one who believes this is something our tax dollars actually get right.

These days I mostly use their online services for audiobooks and even movies. Endless options and all free of charge.

In our area there is a program that allows a person to get access to every library in the state, including the use of local universities and even seminaries. Lots of options and ways to educate and entertain oneself for no money.

Our local libraries even put on plays, concerts, etc. throughout the year.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I don’t currently have a need for it, but I’m glad it exists and they seem to be very activate in the community.

County wide system, lots of events, etc. which is good for those who do. Occasionally if I’m trying to find a very specific book that I can’t find to buy, or listen to, I will search their online catalog.

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
I’ve been meaning to get over to the library and possibly look into some of their free classes etc. I love the library but haven’t been recently unfortunately.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Yes, regularly. Use interlibrary loan often for books not local, and our library is very responsive to purchasing new books for collection. Lifelong fan of public libraries.

Reactions: Sam Gamgee

jerry

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
I am a grateful patron of my lovely local small-town library. I can order books from any Massachusetts library on line, and have them delivered. No charge. A tremendous perk for me ... I read a lot of books!

davidy97

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2017
Tx
I download 4-5 audiobooks a month from the library to listen on my drive to work. Haven't paid for an audiobook in years. Listening to Papillon this week.