PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
Last night was a first: I finally had a dream that involved pipe smoking.

There I was with my wife. We were in a thrift store (which was part of a strip mall that I remember from other dreams... weird), just looking around. She was off on the other side somewhere and I was looking at the random crap they usually put on top of the clothing racks. And what do I find sitting up there? Why, a brand new, unopened, METAL tub of Half & Half with the old style logo. I estimated the can to be from the 1950's at the latest - no particular reason why - and looked at the price. $40! Well... this is a once in a lifetime find, I thought, so I brought it up front to purchase it. The woman at the counter looked at it and said something along the lines of, "How cool." Then, to my horror, she proceeded to pop the lid and break the seal so that she could sniff it. I took a sniff, too; I guess I couldn't blame her. With the damage already done, I said, "Might as well smoke some!" and started loading a bowl right there at the register. Sadly, the dream ended before I could light it....

At least I have some in real life, which I'm smoking now. So not all was lost.

Anyway, thought I'd share. Anyone else have oddly mundane "pipe dreams"?

Anyone else have weirdly mundane "pipe dreams"?
All the damn time. One where I keep taking the pipe out of my mouth because it is in my way, only to have another one there in its place, then I take that one out and throw it, then another one in in my mouth, over and over...

My favorite is the Briary explodes, and cigars and pipes are everywhere, so I go out there with a large paper sack, gathering cigars and some really nice pipes... towards the end it becomes like an Easter egg hunt.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Then, to my horror, she proceeded to pop the lid and break the seal so that she could sniff it. I took a sniff, too; I guess I couldn't blame her. With the damage already done, I said, "Might as well smoke some!" and started loading a bowl right there at the register. Sadly, the dream ended before I could light it....
My brain does that same damn thing to me, just when any dream is getting good.

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
I had a fairly vivid dream once that I was smoking this pipe tobacco called Troost, which I had never heard of. I remembered the spelling in the morning and googled it and surprisingly, that is actually a real pipe tobacco, Dutch iirc. Well I couldn't find it for sale anywhere here this side of the pond but it did seem to be still sold in Europe. I did manage to find some Sutliff Troost match so ordered a sample to satisfy my curiosity. I wouldn't say it turned into a dream fulfulled, or a nightmare. It was an ok blend but kind of meh. A basic brown Dutch Cavendish, certainly smokable but rather unremarkable, at least the Sutliff Match version. I think I still have a half jar of that still kicking around somewhere.

That's my pipe dream story.

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I've only ever had one pipe or tobacco related dream, and it was actually just a week or so ago!

In my dream I was on my phone browsing the SmokingPipes website and saw there was one tin of Esoterica Dunbar available. Having never gotten to try any Esoterica blends I was extremely excited and clicked on it, and when I did the tin fell out of my phone screen and into my lap.

For some reason that seemed totally normal to me in the dream, so I put phone down and eagerly opened the tin of Dunbar to see what the tobacco looked like and what the tin note smelled like. When I opened it though, the tobacco inside looked almost exactly like this:

91cQ2Uw-dVL._AC_SL1500_~2.jpg

Upon seeing the contents of the tin my heart sank, because my only thought was that the tobacco had gone moldy and this was probably the only chance I was ever going to get to try an Esoterica blend; and I ended up getting a moldy tin. Nowhere in the dream did my brain stop and think, "Esoterica tobacco isn't supposed to look like rainbow candy strips", I just thought it had gone moldy because of the white crystals all over it.

Right about then was when I woke up. 😅

Last edited:

Uguccione

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2024
Italy
In my dream I was on my phone browsing the SmokingPipes website and saw there was one tin of Esoterica Dunbar available. Having never gotten to try any Esoterica blends I was extremely excited and clicked on it, and when I did the tin fell out of my phone screen and into my lap.
It's amazing, a few days ago I had exactly the same dream, and I would never have remembered it if I hadn't read yours.
Only the tobacco and the online store were different.
The tobacco was a very rare seasoned Virginia Plug, there was only one tin left in the whole world and I had taken it!!
This alone should have made me realize that I was dreaming...

• Haha
Reactions: yanoJL and PaulRVA

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
All the damn time. One where I keep taking the pipe out of my mouth because it is in my way, only to have another one there in its place, then I take that one out and throw it, then another one in in my mouth, over and over...

My favorite is the Briary explodes, and cigars and pipes are everywhere, so I go out there with a large paper sack, gathering cigars and some really nice pipes... towards the end it becomes like an Easter egg hunt.
Damn🤣

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I tend to use snuff in my dreams. Weirdly only time I remember getting strong clear scent senses in a dream. Occasionally I get a dream about a pipe smoking. Odd thing is usually the pipe is one I actually have owned at some point.

Reactions: yanoJL