PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I haven't tried the Peterson branded ones yet. I just wonder whether they are 100% same blends as STG claims. Does anyone have any first-hand experience?
STG was blending them for Dunhill. Now they are blending them for Peterson.
Only the labels changed. The tobacco is processed, blended, and tinned in the same facility as when the Dunhill labels were used.
AS chasingembers points out, it's in the same facility. Why would there be any difference? I've smoked the Peterson Flake, and I taste no difference.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I noticed a difference between the K&K version of Irish Flake and the new STG version. And it wasn’t some sort of placebo situation either, because I thought all of the Irish Flake I had smoked was STG, until I received a new tin from Smokingpipes, and noticed a different tin note and it tasted different. All my other tins I had bought at my local B&M, and were apparently old stock from K&K production, after investigating the empty tins I still had.
That’s not exactly an answer to the question being asked though. I haven’t yet smoked any of the Peterson’s Dunhill replacements, so I can’t say anything to that end. But it wouldn’t surprise me either way.

Reactions: kcghost and jvnshr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I haven't tried the Peterson branded ones yet. I just wonder whether they are 100% same blends as STG claims. Does anyone have any first-hand experience?
only as much as different years of the same tin same brand are the same. Which is to say kind of to mostly. Only as much as two different years of the same bourbon are the same. No indication that their process has changed at all.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I haven't tried any yet, since I still have Dunhill blends on hand, but I take it on faith, only the labels changed.
I'm still smoking Dunhill labeled Standard. I have a number of tins of MM1938, which is a favorite, that I am working through. And there are tins of Flake, Dark Flake, and Ye Olde Signe aging in the cellar. puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.