PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
How do you know this? Have you had a lab analysis done?
I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but your comment is worded so dogmatically certain. Just because a blend is hard to dry doesn't mean that this one chemical is used. FVF takes a heat driven blower for days to dry out, and we are all certain that it is not PG doing that. Some sugars naturally take a long time to dry, and aromatics are loaded in them. I think that a blend taking time to dry is not 100% scientific, IMO.
Now, that said, I don't know anymore than anyone else on this forum what is and is not used on a blend, especially a chemical designed to never be tasted. Check the labels on your food. PG is in about everything. Why do people tend to obsess more about PG than anything else that could be put into your tobaccos?
Now, do I believe everything a company comes on here and says, absolutely not. But, of all of the blends made by C&D, I don't think that this one has the inert, harmless chemical known in the streets as PG.

I've been on here for quite a while, and I have noticed that Just putting PG in thread titles seems to bring out the crazy in pipesmokers. Ha ha.
Eight state burley is not an aromatic and does not have PG. I am not dogmatic about this issue, I am just parroting what C&D's own reps have said on the subject in the past. Read my comment above from April 8th where I explicitly state that there is almost certainly no PG in Eight State Burley. I don't obsess about PG I was simply answering the OP's original question.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I didn't say that you said that PG is in 8 State. But, you went from "I think" to "100% most certainly" in between two posts. What makes you 100% certain?
I guess nothing is 100% as I don't make the blends myself but I do recall Jeremy Reeves' beard saying something about certain aromatic blends having PG and lots of the non-aros just using water.

PG threads are fun. This is giving me meerschaum coloring thread vibes. :ROFLMAO:puffy