PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So, let me get this straight. Last week Esterval's could ship to the EU, but not the US.
This week Extervals can ship to the US (thanks to science) but soon can't ship to the EU.

That pretty much sums it up?..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Sorry. It's beautifully absurd.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
So, let me get this straight. Last week Esterval's could ship to the EU, but not the US.
This week Extervals can ship to the US (thanks to science) but soon can't ship to the EU.

That pretty much sums it up?..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Sorry. It's beautifully absurd.
What, what?! When did this happen? No more Estervals to EU? ......???

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Absurd but very sad for those who don't have a good variety of tobaccos available in their country. My cigar smoking friends say this is a cigar country and that smoking pipes here is masochistic...
I think we have some Spaniards here, if I'm not mistaken you can get stuff like Gawith and MacBaren at good prices. You also get US tobaccos.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I don’t, other than it saying it is due to EU regulations.
There ain't such regulations coming into effect any time soon, I'd think this was pure misunderstanding from their part but it is not news that an independent tobacconist may change their shipping policies whenever they may please. Only laws that are said to be changing from 1st June are about taxation &duties on incoming shipments from outside of the EU union

Last edited:

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I'm reluctant to, but need to remember what hoosier said in his cellar post:

It's certain, this door is closing fast, I have others and constantly looking for more avenues. Was not a bad run. Hello Scandinavic, Captain Black, Borkum Riff, and Clan for Greek pipe smokers.
I think we can still get Davidoff but very expensive,I will need to learn to like flake medallions.
I havent yet found a Scandanavik,or Borkam I like,never tried Clan as I was put off by reports of it smoking very hot.I am ok on one of the wolfway medusa blends (pyramid)though
Do you have any you can suggest?

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
There ain't such regulations coming into effect any time soon, I'd think this was pure misunderstanding from their part but it is not news that an independent tobacconist may change their shipping policies whenever they may please. Only laws that are said to be changing from 1st June are about taxation &duties on incoming shipments from outside of the EU union
arent the new tax changes happening soon,perhaps in light of the perceived problem with US and import duties they dont want to get involved.

edit
thats for non EU parcels,so I dont know

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
I think we have some Spaniards here, if I'm not mistaken you can get stuff like Gawith and MacBaren at good prices. You also get US tobaccos.
That was before. No Gawith or US tobaccos now. We have Mac Barens, but mostly the pouch aromatic range. Prices are good. A 7 seas MacBaren pouch is at 2.80 euros. But there is little variety and stock is very inconsistent at times.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
I've been told at a local chat that what is being banned is non presencial tobacco sales. I think liquor, too. I don't know which is the directive that enforces this.