Fake Sixteen Ivarsson and Bo Nord pipes.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
According to a post by Nana Ivarsson on Facebook, she was tricked into taking a photo holding some pipes that she initially believed were original, but on second thought she cannot guarantee their authenticity.
So if you see a good deal on any of those pipes be extremely cautious.
FB_IMG_1690116694797.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Scottmi and jackets

Alejo R.

Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
You have to be extremely cautious anytime someone offers you a Sixten, a Bo, or any pipes of the great carvers of the world. Way too chancy.
Very sure.
But in this case they have photos of the pipes in the hands of another well-known pipemaker.
That could lower the suspicions of any potential buyer.

Reactions: kcghost

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
I'd be very careful when you post / suggest something on or in any forum / social media platform. Nanna has not posted on her Facebook account since 2022.

From the image shown you can see that the pipe was "manipulated" into the photo.

If you're in the market for a Sixten, Bo, Lars, Jess, Ilsted etc .... then deal with someone that is credible. If you roll the dice on E-Bay from an unknown seller, Good Luck. Your lovely high end hand carved by a Danish Master can sit right beside your Rolex Hulk Submariner with the quartz movement!

Just my $.02 ....

Mike

Alejo R.

Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I'd be very careful when you post / suggest something on or in any forum / social media platform. Nanna has not posted on her Facebook account since 2022.

From the image shown you can see that the pipe was "manipulated" into the photo.

If you're in the market for a Sixten, Bo, Lars, Jess, Ilsted etc .... then deal with someone that is credible. If you roll the dice on E-Bay from an unknown seller, Good Luck. Your lovely high end hand carved by a Danish Master can sit right beside your Rolex Hulk Submariner with the quartz movement!

Just my $.02 ....

Mike
Maybe you should go to Nana's Facebook, because what she posted was a day ago, on her personal account. In an account where she is friends with, for example, Tom Eltang, Poul Winslow and Manduela. But maybe I'm wrong and you're right.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Maybe you should go to Nana's Facebook, because what she posted was a day ago, on her personal account. In an account where she is friends with, for example, Tom Eltang, Poul Winslow and Manduela. But maybe I'm wrong and you're right.
Alejo, shall do. Thanks

Reactions: Alejo R.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I cannot say much about the pipe in question… The image is not that great.

However… I own a Sixten and a Jess. It takes a lot of skill to create a pipe of that caliber.

If there are indeed fakes, then the faker is possibly better off selling under his own label - he will be quite successful.
seriously. And unsure is quite different then fake as well.

Reactions: cshubhra

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Next we'll have an AI robotic pipe carver that can produce exact replica versions of classic pipes.

Well-known people pictured are not to be considered authentic. You can drop anyone in any picture with any background, etc.

AI has a somewhat vast potential for useful applications in medicine, engineering, scholarly research, architecture, etc. etc., but an equally vast potential for chaos and crime.

All of this will be accomplished in short order. The burden of skepticism is upon us all. Think of all the possible side channels for fact checking everything. In the near future, we will probably see more fraud than progress.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Next we'll have an AI robotic pipe carver that can produce exact replica versions of classic pipes.

Well-known people pictured are not to be considered authentic. You can drop anyone in any picture with any background, etc.

AI has a somewhat vast potential for useful applications in medicine, engineering, scholarly research, architecture, etc. etc., but an equally vast potential for chaos and crime.

All of this will be accomplished in short order. The burden of skepticism is upon us all. Think of all the possible side channels for fact checking everything. In the near future, we will probably see more fraud than progress.
though from the start of photography as a documentation fakery has been an issue. At least now people are aware it can be done. Like the early double exposure ghost photos that still fool too many people. But when those were common the average person wasn't aware yet that photos could be manipulated. Or combining two or more negatives was an early way to alter photos. Again at least it's common knowledge that AI and photoshop are a thing. Though some people can still be fooled by even the most hamfisted poorly done alterations.

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California

Just my $.02 ....

Mike
I bought a beautiful Submariner in Hong Kong on the Kowloon side. It worked impeccably until I arrived in Singapore where I had the audacity to wear it in the rain. At least I knew it wasn't the real thing; however you don't always know what you're getting on ebay.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii

I’m looking at Nanna Ivarsson’s Facebook page.

Please show a screen shot of what you are looking at? 🤔

This one shows the last post August 2022.

DA81A73D-C94F-4BDB-BF21-4DFD7BFF4DE4.jpeg

CD8E2B6E-9155-41DA-9000-FF2B414C8497.jpeg

C96F628E-F2AD-402E-A37E-F3A80B88029D.jpeg

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
Hasn't the matter of fake pipes been settled? The calculation being, that anyone who can fake a pipe of this standard, would be much better off selling them under their own name? And that the demand for pipes themselves mean criminals would be unlikely to target their market audience? I mean, Burberry baseball caps they ain't.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
To me the photo looks like a very poor fake itself as does the pipe, there is zero chance Nanna was tricked into thinking that briar and vulcanite abortion was genuine, somebody just did a half assed job of photoshopping that pipe into that picture.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob