Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Aug 1, 2012
My favorite gift was the one from my Secret Santa here on pipesmagazine. It was one of two gifts and the other, while kind and I appreciate being thought of, was not really suited to me.

Now the favorite ones to give were to my niece and nephews.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
All the children of the world getting together and singing in harmony with love and peace. (~ Steve Martin, SNL Christmas special.)

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I've had a lot of gifts after 70+ years of giving and receiving gifts. My favorite gift to my 2nd wife was the beautiful Himalayan kitten I got her. It was the best thing in the world. She wasn't expecting it, it didn't cost much, and she loved it. As for my receiving gifts it isn't anywhere near as joyful. I've usually just gone out and bought something if I needed it. That doesn't leave the wife a lot of room to maneuver. I finally convince the 2nd to get me something I wanted rather than needed. She knows I like cigars, so she'd get me some of them. It kept me happy.

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
I've had a lot of gifts after 70+ years of giving and receiving gifts. My favorite gift to my 2nd wife was the beautiful Himalayan kitten I got her. It was the best thing in the world. She wasn't expecting it, it didn't cost much, and she loved it. As for my receiving gifts it isn't anywhere near as joyful. I've usually just gone out and bought something if I needed it. That doesn't leave the wife a lot of room to maneuver. I finally convince the 2nd to get me something I wanted rather than needed. She knows I like cigars, so she'd get me some of them. It kept me happy.
Yeah many wives complain about their husbands being hard to shop for. I call Bravo Sierra, if someone pays attention to the other it is fairly easy. Especially many us pipers, even if the gift is a favorite blend or brand of pipe (or shape) it’s the thought! If any husband has a hobby or two (or several dozen like me) that narrows down the choice considerably for the ladies 😉

Reactions: Carol and kcghost

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022
My favorite gift this year was an array of new blends to sample and the success of my local pipe club’s Holiday Party.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
No favourites, but I thought I’d share some fun Christmas swag I received.

Knowing I’m into beer, my brother and sister-in-law got me two signed soft felt sculptures by UK artist, Lucy Sparrow:

20231231_040537.jpg

Susan got me this little kinetic wooden sculpture by Gary Spetzler:

20231231_040646.jpg

She gave me some incredibly thoughtful tobacco themed gifts as well. Here’s a Briar and Oak pipe stand/ashtray:

20231231_041003.jpg

A Morisk trench lighter she thought I could use for my pipes:

20231231_041353.jpg

And knowing how temperamental my Xikar cigar lighter has been, she got me this lovely, brushed copper Slim 7 S.T. Dupont lighter (it’s only forty-five grams and 7mm thick):

20231231_041800.jpg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
All the children of the world getting together and singing in harmony with love and peace. (~ Steve Martin, SNL Christmas special.)
When asked what he wanted, my father always said "world peace or an all A report card."

My first semester graduate school, I was finally able to give him what he wanted. While my father passed before seeing me succeed at my choosen profession, I think he both knows and helped along the way.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
No.2 = Daisy BB air rifle at age 9! Not a Red Ryder - a model with more range and punch. “Hunted” for hours and miles with it - eventually gave it to one of my cousins. Years ago, I suppose after listening to me wax poetic about it, my young daughters got me a Roy Rogers Commemorative Daisy “Red Ryder” which is firmly at No. 1 along with the very large mounted photo of Roy and Trigger that graces basement wall near the pool table.

Sandy67

Lurker
Nov 21, 2023
One of the most unique and cherished gifts I received was from Wood Soul Carving. They offer incredible wooden carving musical sculptures that make for stunning and meaningful presents. The craftsmanship and artistry are truly remarkable. Check out their collection here. A beautifully crafted musical sculpture could be an unforgettable gift!

I've always loved wooden carvings. If you're into that, you should also explore local artisans or craft fairs. I received a handcrafted wooden jewelry box from a local artist, and it's not only aesthetically pleasing but also supports local talent. It's great to have unique pieces that tell a story.

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
Nothing like a new pet to ring in the new year! My girlfriend and I just picked up this little lad a week or two before Christmas and it certainly made the season more festive!
IMG_4923.jpeg