PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
So far, the two I like in my pipe most in the morning are LBF and Crystal Palace. Others that I enjoy in morning, but have been skipping out on lately are Bayou Morning, Viprati and Potlatch. Several anytime blends can fit in there - and I I did enjoy Cringle Flake as a first bowl also because of the sugary goodness I found in it - but, won’t be in regular rotation obviously. I agree that the first bowl of the day is generally the best, but that’s not always true on a number of factors. Mood, temperature, what have I eaten all day, what drinking…etc. I do continue trying others, but the two mentioned first will continue to be staple first blends in my diet.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
-Camel Wides Cigarettes
-Sutliff TS24
-Aylebury Luxury Flake
-McClelland 40th Anniversary
-McClelland Yenidje Highlander
-McClelland Oriental No. 6
-McClelland Deep Hollow
-Wilke Lizzie's Blood Red Virginia

Or whatever I didn't finish the night before.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
-Camel Wides Cigarettes
-Sutliff TS24
-Aylebury Luxury Flake
-McClelland 40th Anniversary
-McClelland Yenidje Highlander
-McClelland Oriental No. 6
-McClelland Deep Hollow
-Wilke Lizzie's Blood Red Virginia

Or whatever I didn't finish the night before.
Camel Wides - I haven’t know very many people who actually liked those. I used to live them when I did cigarettes. Camel does make the best tasting cigs, although American Spirit Black was decent with the perique in it… ?

JohnClyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2020
UK
My absolute fave format for 'first of the day' owes itself to the unsurpassable At the Back of the Hill blog. His writings on Hong Kong milk tea led me to start brewing my own.

So now a piping hot cup of that with Bob's Chocolate Flake is an extraordinarily indulgent way to start the day. The hint of vanilla chimes with the evaporated milk.

Chris81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2021
Malaga, Spain
My favourite smokes of the day are 2: the first in the morning and then the one after lunch.
For me the first one in the morning is more about my nicotine addition, while my smoke after lunch is more about tasting and finding real pleasure in the tobacco, just after some good food so double the pleasure.
Generally I have some Virginia blend in the morning, or a slight aromatic, and then Latakia after lunch.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
My first smoke is usually a quick 10 minute affair with some coffee to get my brain shifted out of neutral before work. It's usually a smallish pinch of Ryback, 5 Brothers, or Dark Birdseye, something easy to smoke and powerful. I need a nic and caffeine fix to clear away the fog. I'll have a more refined blend on the drive into work.

If Ive got the time to relax and have a slow morning, nothing in this world beats Chelsea Morning and a cup of coffee for me. That's a match made by the Gods.