PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
Reading a good book. I tend to go for history of biography as truth is far stranger than fiction. Or maybe sipping my favorite adult beverage (too many to list here) while listening to jazz or classical music or even Prairie Home Companion.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I enjoy my pipe if I am sitting still, with strong, black coffee or tea. I was in Branson, Mo. this past weekend and decided to go walking Sunday night on the strip. I took my pipe and held it for a while before deciding to light it. I like the aroma even when not lit. After lighting, I took no pleasure in trying to smoke the pipe with sweat rolling off my nose and working up a good pant while walking in the heat. I would much rather find a quiet place, like my back deck, and sit while enjoying each puff. I am anxiously awaiting fall so I can really relax and enjoy those cool Arkansas evenings while adding some nice vanilla tobacco smoke in the air for my neighbors to enjoy. :)

rybo

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
i live on a little piece of land set back from the main road...my favorite thing to do is set up a coleman chair in the driveway, grab a hot or cold tea, turn on the radio or a good audiobook and watch the road/pond. so relaxing.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
i live on a little piece of land set back from the main road...my favorite thing to do is set up a coleman chair in the driveway, grab a hot or cold tea, turn on the radio or a good audiobook and watch the road/pond. so relaxing.
Have a picture of what you see for us?

rybo

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
Have a picture of what you see for us?
not right now, but give me a day or two and i'll try to snap one. have to see if the dogs will stay still long enough too - that always adds to the feeling.

briarbrian

Lurker
Mar 26, 2010
Fort Gratiot MI
0720.jpg

How's this for a picture? I just posted this one on my site last night for sale. Yes it is a blatant attempt at self promotion sorry if I offended anyone but you asked for a picture! LOL Atually I just wanted to try my hand at posting a picture on here :)

storm

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
I haven't been puffing a pipe for very long, but since I started the weather has been mild here in New England so I've been enjoying my pipe outside in the evenings. I listen to the crickets and the cicadas, I listen to the breeze and watch the trees sway and I look at the sky (clouds or stars - weather depending).
Last night I smoked a bowl before and after a session with my telescope. It really seemed to deepen the whole experience.
We have critters who sometimes visit me in the evening; hungry raccoons, friendly skunks. Last night it was a shy young possum.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
I enjoy music, primarily from the '60s and early '70s. I have to admit though, that groups like the Moody Blues and Jefferson Airplane tend to bring back memories of times when the pipe wasn't briar and it didn't hold tobacco.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
Conversation. I'm fortunate to have a brother who is also a pipe smoker. I moved recently to Florida and he's still back in Maine. I miss the great talks we had while having a bowl together.
I'm also blessed to have a wife who puts up with the smoke and will join me outside. It's always a good talk.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
unclearthur has got the right picture, after I realized that carving while smoking made me forget I was even smoking, I switched to cleaning up some estate pipes I just bought! I have decided that I now love bulldogs, I picked up three this week! (I am going to gift two of them though)

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
This very pretty little Viprati arrived last week a day late for my birthday. Spent about 5 minutes cleaning the tar off the rim and polished up the stem and it was ready to go.
2-1-1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
The few times that I do absolutely nothing while smoking my pipe can be the best of all.

You know... just letting the ol' brain housing group rest, as well the body and soul.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
Fishing. Theres nothing like sitting in the sun smoking a bowlful of something mild and watching the ice melt in your rum and coke, all the while hoping that a fish doesnt actually bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.