PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
I recently tried the vanilla roll cake which is very nice. So I am going to try some more of their roll cake offerings.

Dark twist is on my buy list, club too, but stockton, roll cake or latakia blend I am indecisive about buying.

What even is the difference between stockton and club? The descriptions seem very similar?

Do you have any short descriptions of the differences between the tobacco's? What are your favorites?

Jun 23, 2019
I bought a tin of each Dark Twist and Vanilla Roll Cake to sample last year and both are fantastic.

Most smokers probably wouldn't even identify them as aromatics in a blind test.

Without smelling the tin notes, Dark Twist smokes just like a burley version of Luxury Bullseye Flake.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Club is far sweeter than stockton, and the interplay between the sugar flavors and the kentucky is fun, like a toasted marshmallow. Stockton is a far "purer" tobacco, I also find it bites like hell where Club and Dark Twist I have no problems with.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Club is far sweeter than stockton, and the interplay between the sugar flavors and the kentucky is fun, like a toasted marshmallow. Stockton is a far "purer" tobacco, I also find it bites like hell where Club and Dark Twist I have no problems with.

It's a spicy beast, for sure. Punches through a glass of whiskey, though

Reactions: jlopez

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Club Blend and Dark Twist. I’m puffing on some 11 y/o CB right now. Oddly enough, I’ve never tried Roll Cake or Stockton.

Vanilla Roll Cake is also very good, but so much different than the others that it’s hard to compare. That being said, I think I prefer Vanilla Cream Flake.