PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
EAAWPbE.png

Dec 24, 2012
By the way, I am to lazy to troll through the 500 pages to read about marketing restrictions. Is there anything in there (save for the age verification point) that would impact an ebay sale of pipe FDA authorized pipe tobacco? Or that would impact a guy like pipestud?

dsollars

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
Well, one $100 order last week, and then the P&C Dunhill tin sale hit, so another $100 of assorted favorite Dunhill tins on way. Now, if I could just find .22 LR cheap like I used to ...

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I read the links ssjones posted earlier. What gets me is the FDA linking hookah and pipe tobacco together. Surely there must be someone with a 2nd grade education level in the FDA who knows that there is a big difference between the two.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
and after going to the private sector they subsequently lost their job due to over-regulation by the govt :lol:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
They are currently advising major American manufacturers that if they mix arugula and kale with their blends, they will qualify as both healthy and Energy Star compliant...

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I read all 499 pages time and time again it pretty much said if it's tobacco or derived from tobacco fuck you were regulating it regardless.btw there was as only about 2 pages specifically dealing with pipes.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The fact that the FDA is effectively making tobacco illegal should be highly publicized in the press and on social media. It will cause outrage and their will be backlash
Like in 2009 when they did this to cigarettes? That kind of outrage and backlash?

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
In 2009 there wasn't any outrage and backlash because the only cigarette brands that left the market were the super cheap subpar operations that couldn't afford compliance. They were the ones you would smoke only if you were really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
If we can't muster more than two pages of tepid distaste here on the foremost pipes website in the world, how do you think that we are going to get the peasants fired up to storm the castle at the FDA? We live in the age of apathy and crony capitalism, a deadly combination.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
If we can't muster more than two pages of tepid distaste here on the foremost pipes website in the world, how do you think that we are going to get the peasants fired up to storm the castle at the FDA? We live in the age of apathy and crony capitalism, a deadly combination.
Get your torches! Who's with me, us? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.