PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Anyone else watching it?

I am seriously blown away by the quality of the football being played, not to mention it is the first time NZ has won a game at the World Cup finals.

So far, the Japan v Zambia game was one of the most interesting. Japan won 5-0, but had another 2 goals and a penalty kick ruled out for offside. Also Zambia had their keeper red carded at the end of the match, meaning the reserve had to come on a face the penalty. The shooter missed, but since the goalie came off the line it had to be taken again.

We are going to the Argentina v Italy game tonight. I’m not sure who is more excited. Me. Or my 7 year old daughter.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have hard time with the very late and early broadcasts of the games, but I was glad to discover them at all on Fox Sports. The camera work and commentary is excellent, but the viewership is limited by the wee hour broadcasts and lack of re-broadcasts.

We ended up watching some professional mens teams from North American cities for a while, and then discovered the World Cup access on a different channel, Fox Sports rather than Fox Sports Carolina.

The guys were pros and showed it. But the women were world class, a beat or two quicker and really polished and intricate for team work. I don't know if I can stay up that late or get up that early, but I see that it could well be worth it.

The U.S. is still getting its fan base for soccer/football, but if enough people watch, this could move us a long way forward. Coverage for the mens World Cup was available during more accessible hours, since it wasn't in Australia and New Zealand. Rebroadcasts are needed on this.

Reactions: JOHN72 and Ahi Ka

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Anyone else watching it?

I am seriously blown away by the quality of the football being played, not to mention it is the first time NZ has won a game at the World Cup finals.

So far, the Japan v Zambia game was one of the most interesting. Japan won 5-0, but had another 2 goals and a penalty kick ruled out for offside. Also Zambia had their keeper red carded at the end of the match, meaning the reserve had to come on a face the penalty. The shooter missed, but since the goalie came off the line it had to be taken again.

We are going to the Argentina v Italy game tonight. I’m not sure who is more excited. Me. Or my 7 year old daughter.
They should have the dude that won Ms NZ on the team!

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
Anyone else watching it?

The quality is good for women's football. I am not a huge fan. Especially the way the USWNT has held themselves the last few years.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This just in from the Babylon Bee:

American Women's Soccer Team Defeated After Opponents Play U.S. National Anthem During Game Forcing Them To Kneel The Whole Time