PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
I started my account here about a year ago and haven't had much chance to spend time here. So Hello. What brought me back? Well I just picked up a Peterson System 309 for 12 bucks and my wife isn't impressed much. I'm excited because it's my first Peterson. I found it up at an estate sale with a weird ugly stem on it. Luckily I had a spare p-lip stem that I was able to use. I also found a Savinelli churchwarden, an old Demuth Aristocrat billiard with real nice flame grain and meerschaum cutty churchwarden. I thought it was a pretty good haul for about $40 and had to tell someone, even if it's people I've never met who might appreciate it.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
my wife isn't impressed much.

From what I hear, wives can be hard to impress. Anyway we're glad to have you with us.
I just glanced at your profile page. It would be nice to see pics of some of your other pipes, too. Especially the meerschaums. I'm kind of interested in getting one.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I'd love to see that meer cutty church, meer cuttys are pretty uncommon but I've been considering having one made.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
dey_2460_1-600x398.jpg

$12 and a replacement (non-peterson) stem. Not a bad investment. Took some sanding,bending and finish work to get the stem to fit, though.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
dey_2462_1c-600x398.jpg

I'm not entirely sure if this would technically be considered a cutty churchwarden or a tavern pipe. Either way, its got some nice color and smokes quite well.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
dey_2454_1c-600x398.jpg

WDC Demuth Aristocrat saddle-bit billiard I got for $5. Anyone have any info on these? It has some pretty nice flame grain on the flip side. I kind of like the grain on this side as well.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
dey_2466_1c-600x398.jpg

I've been wanting a churchwarden for a while. I was lucky enough to find this one for next to nothing, a Savanelli to boot.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
I suppose it could be. I picked it up with a bunch of parts pipes and it didn't have any markings on it, but it's possible.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice System deyro and for $12 that's a steal. I like the long black Savanelli -That one just looks like it smokes good.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
It does. I've only smoked it once, but it seems to be on par with my other Savanellis. I'm lucky in that the person who owned all of these pipes took pretty good care of them and kept them maintained and shined, so they didn't need a lot of work. The Peterson had a few dings on one side, and the Demuth has some pretty good tap marks, but I like to think of them as signs of a good life.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
WDC Demuth Aristocrat saddle-bit billiard I got for $5. Anyone have any info on these? It has some pretty nice flame grain on the flip side. I kind of like the grain on this side as well.
Here's some info on your WDC pipe.

http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=William_Demuth_Company

Nice group of pipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.