PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
If anyone can drink everclear straight, I would have to say they are truly, bonafide alcoholics.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Everclear can be used in the back packing stove called the penny stove as fuel. The stoves are easy to make are light as a feather. I gave one to a friend who cooked on it for a month on a cross country bike ride across Vietnam. Check them out.
http://www.jureystudio.com/pennystove/
If you ever venture to Mexico you can get a liter for around $4 US.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
There is a way to drink Everclear straight without the burn. In my freshman year at college, a friend and I went to a home football game with a pint of Everclear. The plan was to add it to the Coke being sold by the vendors, so we would not bring undue attention to our drinking. The problem was that the Everclear ate thru the Styrofoam cups... Having had a couple of quarters of chemistry already, I knew that the burn from the grain alcohol comes from it taking the moisture out of any mucous membrane that it came into contact with. This is relatively tolerable, until you take a breath and then the burn really becomes noticeable. I reasoned that if I took a shot of the Everclear straight and held my breath until I could gulp down a Coke chaser to put some moisture back into my throat and mouth, and then took my next breath, that things would be OK. Well, it worked. It worked so well that by half time, all that we could tell for sure was that the field was green. That was my last experience with drinking store-bought white lightening. :rofl:

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Man I am going to search for this stuff here in the Arkansas/Missouri area. Last time I went looking it was way too expensive, or atleast it seemed so to me, at $25 a 750ml bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.