PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dren

Lurker
Feb 16, 2023
Does anybody know if Fine Pipes International is still open? I ordered from them and emailed them three
times and have not received my order and they have not responded to my E-mail. I placed the order over a
month and my bank withdrew the money from my account.

Thank you,
Ken

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Honestly I don’t know, but I thought Sam Goldberger stopped selling pipes five or ten years ago. I thought his site was left up for archival purposes and was not really live. There are people on the forum who knew him and might chime in.

Last edited:

Navy Chief

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2022
Call and leave a message or speak to him if he answers, he is an honest guy and will respond.
Taken directly from the contact information on the website.:

Email: smg@finepipes.com
Phone: (+1) 415-435-1107

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Honestly I don’t know, but I thought Sam Goldberger stopped selling pipes five or ten years ago. I thought his site was left up for archival purposes and was not really live. There are people on the forum who knew him and might chime in.
Yep, been pretty much moribund for the past 8 to 10 years. Try the contact info above.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Web site maintenance is almost not "a thing." Of course, a disclaimer is needed right at the top of the site stating that the site closed on a specific date and no longer accepts orders, and is being retained for archival purposes. Think of the trouble (and money) it would save. I dread to think how many ghost sites there are out there luring in the unwary, like reefs left off the navigational maps.

Reactions: MattRVA

Navy Chief

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2022
Web site maintenance is almost not "a thing." Of course, a disclaimer is needed right at the top of the site stating that the site closed on a specific date and no longer accepts orders, and is being retained for archival purposes. Think of the trouble (and money) it would save. I dread to think how many ghost sites there are out there luring in the unwary, like reefs left off the navigational maps.
I ran aground on the reef that is Fine Pipes International when I tried to order some Halcyon and Paragon wax from him. It accepts the order but nothing happens until you call him and ask what is going on, to his credit he did ship the wax to me after I called.

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
@dren
Call (or text) Sam directly at that phone number. He will respond.

FPI is still in business but not his primary focus these days. Love the microcrystalline wax products and would consider continuing the business if I had the bandwidth.