PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
So a couple years ago I was dabbling in blending tobacco's, just for kicks and to see what I could do and how it would turn out.
I tried my hand at mixing up some Hobbit's Weed, French Toast man, some Latakia recipes and VaPer recipes that I found and a few other odds and ends.
One of my ventures was to try and blend up a Three Nuns clone using some G&H Curly Cut Sliced and 22% Perique.
Actually I tried several different suggested recipes that I had heard about for Three Nuns and later on after trying Doblone d'Oro, I realized they all turned out to be decent blends, but nothing that was close to Doblone d'Oro.
Earlier this morning I was moving some stuff around in my tobacco cabinet and came upon this jar of Curly Cut and Perique that I had forgotten about from 2018, so I was intrigued and decided to give it a go!
Let me be clear, it does not taste like three Nuns or Doblone d'Oro, however it is very good and I'm looking forward to smoking up this jar, and seriously considering mixing up a couple more jars... as soon as Curly Cut Sliced becomes available again of course.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
You found the ‘magic’ percentage! I have a favorite VaPer that is Esoterica Brighton with a 22% SJ Perique. It has been great since the first mixing and just keeps getting better with batches that have a few years on them.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
That sounds delicious! I have yet to dabble in blending. I would be afraid of messing it up, so I applaud your efforts!

Reactions: dcon
Status
Not open for further replies.