PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Strandsbeachlocal

Might Stick Around
Nov 23, 2021
Washington,USA
Decided to have a pipe full of Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River today and found a little something extra in the tobacco. Reached out to Sutliff and got told it happens so go talk to the store who sold it, not our problem.

Decided to start this thread just to see how common this experience is. So post your foreign objects here. 4C3D48AA-2848-48C6-9C30-EA4385B14AAA.pngDAE3670C-BF65-4304-8EAD-AC30E31ADE8D.jpeg827B8649-E382-463F-9301-A1D40DEB4887.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I think my favorite has been a tobacco leaf. As in a whole crumbled up piece of perique that I saved. It was a whole leaf with barely any damage. Since it would be wrong to smoke it I consider it a foreign object.
The thing is as long as you don't try to smoke that thing it shouldn't cause you any harm or ruin the tobacco in any way.
When I worked in kitchens it was amazing the things you'd find. Once found a gorgeous tree frog that got a new home with one of my co workers. Found a green spider with a spiral on it's belly that was very beautiful. In fact showed it to everyone at work and even the oh no bugs are gross and I hate spiders crowd got all wow and ahh over it.

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
Decided to have a pipe full of Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River today and found a little something extra in the tobacco. Reached out to Sutliff and got told it happens so go talk to the store who sold it, not our problem.

Decided to start this thread just to see how common this experience is. So post your
Wow, bad attitude of the manufacturer. I think I will not buy their stuff anymore. Thanks for posting.
I guess the question is, from the manufacturers point of view - did the hitchhiker come from a sealed tin of their product or did it come from a bulk bag weighed out at a tobacconists?

If it came from a sealed tin then I would agree, that is bad for them to say “yeh, not really our problem!” If it came from a weighed out bag I think they could reasonably say “Who knows what the tobacconist was doing with the open 5kg bag before they bagged you up 500g? They could have been munching on Werther’s Originals, telling corny jokes over it for all we know!”

Reactions: Strandsbeachlocal

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England

Decided to start this thread just to see how common this experience is. So post your foreign objects here. View attachment 122641View attachment 122642View attachment 122643
Personally, I’ve never come across anything except some twigs and stalks on occasions. I’d be interested to hear what others have found though.