PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I'm aware of privacy issues, but I suspect that, as Covid restrictions( and fears) ease, some members might like to be aware of members at least in their state. Members can opt out by not
Registering their locations already. Just a thought. Sorting by state might encourage valuable friendships.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I would by no means reveal my state of residence intentionally on this wild internet world because of its dangers. To think that this forum is exempt from the scrutiny of criminals who love the fact that they can do their dirty work anonymously is completely naive. Nonetheless there are those of you who push this revelation, which to me is very irresponsible.

Reactions: haparnold

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I would by no means reveal my state of residence intentionally on this wild internet world because of its dangers. To think that this forum is exempt from the scrutiny of criminals who love the fact that they can do their dirty work anonymously is completely naive. Nonetheless there are those of you who push this revelation, which to me is very irresponsible.
Sounds like paranoia to me. To each his own.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I can asure you that you are not a grey man. With the right skill set, you can find/trace almost anyone. You are not protected from people who want to find you.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I can asure you that you are not a grey man. With the right skill set, you can find/trace almost anyone. You are not protected from people who want to find you.
Thanks trout. My purpose was to bring people together semi locally. Also, if I have a blend I don't care for and someone else does, when I'm traveling I might just drop it off with a brother. Anyone who chooses to remain anonymous, has that option on the site already. We need to support each other as the brotherhood is dwindling in spite of the new member sign ups.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This came up before and a former member assured me that I'm not from where I've previously mentioned and that he could find out anything about me. Apparently I'm a Southern Croatian business man.?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thinking that stating your residence in this forum is dangerous is antiquated at best, and at worst, spreading FUD. (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.)

If someone has it in for you, they won't be combing through this forum; they'd find it a waste of time due to the paucity of information. Notice also many upstanding folks state their city or town.

Has anyone ever mentioned paranoia?
I reread the thread and see it was mentioned. But even paranoids have enemies! :)

Since I am the chief promulgator of putting in one's location, I take it you are calling me irresponsible. That's wicked bad, fella!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I retract my post, especially the name-calling. I should have known that it would change nothing and help no one, flapping my jaws about about that which is not my business and indulging in another destructive episode of control. I apologize.

But heh! What can you expect from someone who has befriended a Southern Croatian business man?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Cosmic, I am puzzled by the pronoun declarations, too. It's one thing for a trans to declare how they would be addressed, but that seems to have morphed into a normalization that in some contexts requires a cis gender to do the same. Since cis people are quite usually readily identifiable, are cis declarations in support, by comparison, of the trans?

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Cosmic, I am puzzled by the pronoun declarations, too. It's one thing for a trans to declare how they would be addressed, but that seems to have morphed into a normalization that in some contexts requires a cis gender to do the same. Since cis people are quite usually readily identifiable, are cis declarations in support, by comparison, of the trans?
I can better understand trans gender pronouns, than I can when one of my daughter's friends once brought over this obvious girl, wearing a mini skirt, make up, cat ears on her head, fairy wings, two purses made out of feathers, high heels, and she declared that she was gender neutral. I was like, "No you aren't." But, then my kids all shuffled her away from me embarrassing them. How can one obviously dress as a gender every specific gender and then make a declaration like that.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
This came up before and a former member assured me that I'm not from where I've previously mentioned and that he could find out anything about me. Apparently I'm a Southern Croatian business man.?
Being from the south, the first time I saw one of your YouTube vids, I immediately knew you were a Croatian pretending to be from the southern US. I'm glad you finally admitted it so I didn't have to tell everyone. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.