PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
Buyers beware!!!!
I have recently discovered a site that has tobacco and pipes at extremely low prices. As I had discussed with one of our fellow pipers on this site he was thrilled and asked me to share. I had hesitated since it just didn’t seem right. Now I see why my spidey senses were tingling. The site can not produce what it claims and it has been two weeks with no response to any of my emails and a disconnected phone number. Additionally they are using the Smoking Pipes logo. I have contacted SP and made them aware. The site is (https pipe tobacco. cc) I had intentionally placed spaces between the site so no one thinks it is a legitimate site and goes to it. I had placed an order and going through the process of being refunded via PayPal. PLEASE BEWARE!!!

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Thanks. Pipe tobacco seems an odd choice for the aspiring swindler. Wonder if he's mentally ill, or just someone with his head up his ass?
No so crazy as you might think. He's probably trying to stay under the radar of the authorities. Law enforcement usually tries to concentrate on crimes that are ether herendous or affect a large number of people. Busting some jerk who ripper off a few pipe smokers will not help them get a budget increase. Sorry to sound like a grinch, but that's the way it is.

As to his location, that could be anywhere. If he is using a VPN he can show up as being in any of a hundred diffent countries in the world. Choosing the U.S. is smart as it won't scare off anyone who checks like, say, Nigeria would. puffy

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
105 N. RENO AVE, BLACKWELL,TX

This address is literally a personal residence on a backroad of a small town in the middle of nowhere in Texas.

And this site is telling me they are stocked to gills with lowest-price-anywhere Esoterica and Samuel Gawith.

I guess they're banking on the old adage, "A sucker is born every minute."

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
wow makes sense in a terrible way. Everything searock said and the prices people are talking about there are certainly going to be chumps that say at that price it's worth the risk. It's amazing how cons can work that way. Get the person fantasizing and thinking but what if....

Reactions: kurtbob

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019

This address is literally a personal residence on a backroad of a small town in the middle of nowhere in Texas.

And this site is telling me they are stocked to gills with lowest-price-anywhere Esoterica and Samuel Gawith.

either that or the plane shipping all that tobacco wrecked in their yard. :) "Hey ma we can't smoke all this baccy?Let's sell it on the internets".

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
wow makes sense in a terrible way. Everything searock said and the prices people are talking about there are certainly going to be chumps that say at that price it's worth the risk. It's amazing how cons can work that way. Get the person fantasizing and thinking but what if....
It just surprises me how dumb these prices are. This rip off artist could be making far more if he simply listed Esoterica and such and actual retail prices. $10 a bag is like a bigass neon blinking BULLSHIT sign. And it nets him less cash. I guess reasonably intelligent people don't get into this line of work.

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC

I purchase bulk pipes from a residential home that I have had a relationship over time and they have come through with not one issue. Can’t always judge a book by its cover. But being vigilant and discussing it or putting a list together can help others. We need to ensure that we mitigate the number of “suckers” that they can pull from. This platform is large enough to spread the word. Keep adding to the list of fraudulent sites.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
It just surprises me how dumb these prices are. This rip off artist could be making far more if he simply listed Esoterica and such and actual retail prices. $10 a bag is like a bigass neon blinking BULLSHIT sign. And it nets him less cash. I guess reasonably intelligent people don't get into this line of work.
there is a reason it's called conning as in confidence job not smarty pants job.

Status
Not open for further replies.